What is your favorite article from Coach's Corner?

alsa

Registered
Just in case some have missed it, we have a great section on this site called Coach's Corner. There, David Allen's associates share their insights about the system.

I have re-read some of the articles this weekend, and every time I read them I find new things to think about. I must say these little gems should not be missed.

I have a couple of favorite articles. One of them is by Meg Edwards over here: http://www.davidco.com/coaches_corner/Meg_Edwards/article45.html

Another one I truly appreciated reading this weekend is by Anne Gennett, and it's found over here: http://www.davidco.com/coaches_corner/Anne_Gennett/article40.html

Do take time and read some of these articles -- they are short enough to spend 5-10 minutes on each. I think you will find SOMETHING that you can apply to your own situation TODAY, and the result will be felt immediately.

If you come to this message board several times a week you must have noticed by now that the traffic slows down over the weekend, and not much new is posted. Hence, I thought that reading these articles would be a good thing to do over the weekend before you do your weekly review, for example.

Jamie Elis

Registered
Need tips re: Paper Files that others access.

Mainly at home, but also at work, I am feeling a need to get paper items that others sometimes need (but I am ultimately responsible for) out of my general files. At home it is instructions and small parts for stuff we own, directories to organizations, driving directions, maps, phone numbers, emergency procedures, schedules of various activities, and lists of things in storage (off-site and also on-site). Here are my problems: 1) my family members leave whatever they used where ever they used it or pack it up with their personal stuff and take it to work or leave it in the car, sandwhich it between newspapers that will be thrown out, write phone messages on them, etc. 2) I don't like them constantly asking me for information 3) I don't like them leaving any new info. (e.g. directions to something they bought) around as clutter and then attacking me for not knowing where to find it. 4) I don't want them rummaging through my files. 5) I don't know if I want to have grandparents living will and POAs in the same file as IPOD directions, but if I am not around, someone other than me might need that. Please don't ask me to try to negotiate this, as I have tried and tried.I just need to set up a system that works.

I am thinking that I need to make copies for "them" and keep the rest in my own files.
At work, there is a higher level of accountability. But I would rather have an "open" file for what others might need than have all the staff feel free to use my files at will.

Jamie Elis

Registered
can somone please remove the above from here!

I tried to remove this but I only succeeded in getting it copied to a new thread. Sorry for the inconvenience. Jamie