what one feature would you add to GTDconnect if you could?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
mwkoehler;70012 said:
A view in the forums for all unread posts and replies in a oldest to newest threaded form that is printable would also be a great addition. With that I could refresh the view before disconnecting and read it offline..

Try this please to see if that does it for you:
Go to Edit Options
Under Thread Display Options, change Thread Display Mode to Linear - Newest First
Then go back to the Forum, find a post you want to take on the go, select Thread Tools>Show Printable Version.

Will that work?

Kelly

12hourhalfday

Registered
kelstarrising;70021 said:
Try this please to see if that does it for you:
Go to Edit Options
Under Thread Display Options, change Thread Display Mode to Linear - Newest First
Then go back to the Forum, find a post you want to take on the go, select Thread Tools>Show Printable Version.

Will that work?

Kelly

Thanks Kelly, I had no idea those options were there. The forum package GTDconnect uses is vBulletin? Is that an adequate package to accomodate most requests you get for features?

Julian

Registered
Wonderful progress on dates

kelstarrising;69987 said:
Julian--I did capture your date feedback from a while back, and we've done a few things around it already. I've started dating most of the new content and I've been chipping away at the past content too, but it's a monumental task given the hundreds of assets already published. I also asked the IT team to add dates to the "Latest Activity" feed on the home page which just went live this morning.

Kelly,
I remember when you responded that you made note of my request and I’m delighted that Robert and team have been able to make progress in implementing. I realize how time-consuming it is and must admit I didn't expect so much historical content dated.

I poked around a bit to find these “easter egg” date nuggets, and my cursory look found the following:

A. Media > Connect Audio > “The Origins of GTD “
Track 1 “The Origins of GTD – June 16”
Great that the track is dated. I suggest adding the year (for obvious reasons).
e.g. “June 16, 2009” or “16June2009”

B. If you search in the search box, you get a nice list but no dates

C. If you use the “browse by topic” box and select a “most popular topic” a list of topics from the “topic library” is displayed with dates galore! Great that the dates are being added to the database. I assume we will start seeing them displayed alongside content as that capability is expanded.

D. Whitepapers – no dates. (Perhaps new posts will be dated?)

Let me add my kudos for the responsiveness and hard work of the Connect team.

TesTeq

Registered
Yyyy-mm-dd.

Julian;70032 said:
Great that the track is dated. I suggest adding the year (for obvious reasons).
e.g. “June 16, 2009” or “16June2009”

I would prefer the YYYY-MM-DD format for dates.

Oogiem

Registered
TesTeq;70035 said:
I would prefer the YYYY-MM-DD format for dates.

That would be fine or dd-mm-yyyy
Either provides an easy way to sort content to find stuff by date.

TesTeq

Registered
Yyyy-mm-dd.

Oogiem;70043 said:
That would be fine or dd-mm-yyyy
Either provides an easy way to sort content to find stuff by date.

YYYY-MM-DD format sorts everything in chronological order.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hi Members,

Thanks for the feedback. This has given us some great ideas, many of which were new to us. I don't think we realized how many of you want/appreciate the social networking aspect.

We will continue to do our best to incorporate what we can to continue to make Connect valuable for you.

Cheers,
Kelly & the GTD Connect Team

Barb

Registered
Social Media

kelstarrising;70056 said:
Hi Members,

Thanks for the feedback. This has given us some great ideas, many of which were new to us. I don't think we realized how many of you want/appreciate the social networking aspect.

We will continue to do our best to incorporate what we can to continue to make Connect valuable for you.

Cheers,
Kelly & the GTD Connect Team

Amazing how quickly the world seems to be changing. Even stodgy HR departments all over the country are thinking Twitter.

Connect staff: We appreciate your openness to change!!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
To clarify

I just want to clarify...
We are always open to our member feedback. And, I do not want to set the expectation that because a feature is requested, it will be granted. On the flip side, because we have not made a change yet, or are not moving on a change as quickly as some of you may love for it to happen, it does not mean we are opposed to the change, not allowing it, or ignoring it. It could be that it's something we had not considered before, or implementing it would be a major redesign of the structure of Connect which has a ripple effect beyond what you may realize. We try to make changes carefully and deliberately, considering as many factors as we can in what the change will mean for the purpose & intention of Connect, our resources, and ultimately, what will best serve our members.

We do appreciate your openness to share what makes Connect valuable to you. Please continue to share your ideas on the Forums, by email to connect@davidco.com or personally to me at kelly@davidco.com.

Barb

Registered
One more thing

kelstarrising;70110 said:
I just want to clarify...
We are always open to our member feedback. And, I do not want to set the expectation that because a feature is requested, it will be granted. On the flip side, because we have not made a change yet, or are not moving on a change as quickly as some of you may love for it to happen, it does not mean we are opposed to the change, not allowing it, or ignoring it. It could be that it's something we had not considered before, or implementing it would be a major redesign of the structure of Connect which has a ripple effect beyond what you may realize. We try to make changes carefully and deliberately, considering as many factors as we can in what the change will mean for the purpose & intention of Connect, our resources, and ultimately, what will best serve our members.

We do appreciate your openness to share what makes Connect valuable to you. Please continue to share your ideas on the Forums, by email to connect@davidco.com or personally to me at kelly@davidco.com.

I was wondering if Robert would have a cow and name it Kelly after seeing all the stuff we were throwing your way. :)

I do have a related question and, hopefully, it can already be done and I just need to know how: I want to focus ONLY on the Connect Forums. I'm good with seeing the separation on the front page of the forum, but is there a way to filter out the public forums when I hit "new posts"? The discussion on the Connect Forums has elevated to the point that the public forums just no longer interest me...plus, I'd like to drive forum usage here and not on the free site.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Connect Forum vs. Public Forum

Hi Barb,

There is no way to filter out the Public Forum in the "New Posts" view, so we added "GTD Connect: " to the beginning of the Connect forums to help you visually filter them. That's how I quickly scan through New Posts.

Kelly

Barb

Registered
can it sort?

kelstarrising;70118 said:
Hi Barb,

There is no way to filter out the Public Forum in the "New Posts" view, so we added "GTD Connect: " to the beginning of the Connect forums to help you visually filter them. That's how I quickly scan through New Posts.

Kelly

Is there a way that the Connect post could show up first and the public forums at the bottom? I THINK they are missed together but hey, I've been wrong before.