Kmet

Registered
Just for curiosity.

This seems to work for me at the moment:

Saturday - get my inboxes to zero.
Sunday - perform the weekly review.

ssksogaard

Registered
Keeping my inbox at zero daily (a handful of mails is allowed) spending Thursday whit review gives me 1,5 day for those critical tasks...

RS356

Registered
I set aside a block of time mid-afternoon on Fridays. This keeps my head clear going into the weekend and allows me to enough time to follow up on any outstanding items before my coworkers leave the office.

Cpu_Modern

Registered
Like I said in the other thread, I do it almost daily, so no special day for me.

However, a pattern that has emerged is to check the Someday / Maybe list(s) on Mondays. Just seems to be a good day to start new stuff.

RS356

Registered
I don’t have a set day. Never have. I do it when it feels like I should do it.

Kelly, in your experience have you found that your weekly reviews follow a pattern, or can you skip a few and still feel good about your priorities? For me, it’s all about what I have going on and how fast things are moving. I review at least once per week, but might do a full re-evaluation every several days. Back when I was in grad school and simultaneously working a full time career, I’d review every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
@RS356 I don’t have much of a pattern except I will tend to review everything more often and more thoroughly when I feel super busy. Like when I least have the time to review is when I will review more often, because I know otherwise I’ll be spinning my wheels. I’m in one of those phases right now. I’ve reviewed and updated my projects list twice already this week.