Where have the tickler files gone on the David Allen shop??

Boxy07

Registered
Last Wednesday, March 25th, 2015, I looked on the David Allen website (https://gettingthingsdone.com/store/) in regards to getting some tickler files for my G.T.D. Program and I couldn't find any (a couple of years ago they were there)!! I sent an e-mail to G.T.D. support and they sent a confirmation e-mail stating that they had received my e-mail but I recieved no reply back as to what happened to the tickler files from their shop..hence the reason for this post!! Can anyone please explain where I can get the actual David Allen tickler files?😐

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Boxy07 said:
Can anyone please explain where I can get the actual David Allen tickler files?😐

Hi Boxy07,

Yes, I can explain, although the explanation may not make you happy. We have discontinued the tickler files. We found that most people who are still using a physical tickler system preferred to label their own files Jan-Dec and 1-31. Also, many more people have gone 100% digital, by scanning their paper inputs and using a digital tickler/calendar file to remind them when it's time to decide on those inputs.

I personally apologize that you didn't get a reply by email. You can reach me at john@davidco.com. I don't mean to assign you any next action, but if you would like me to follow up, just forward me the confirmation you got and I will personally track down what happened. We hold a standard about replying to emails promptly. If we let you down on that, I want to know what happened and plug that leak.

Boxy07

Registered
Hi John, thanks for your reply, in the end I decided to go ahead with setting up 12 suspension files for each month of the year and 31 manilla folders which represent the days of the month which I intend on rotating on a perpetual basis. Also, in regards to the email before I sent through the confirmation response I thought that I would double check my email inbox before I did this and lo and behold there was an email from customerservice@davidco the next day after I sent my original email (I suspect that as I receive so many emails on a regular basis that I must have inadvertently missed it)!! My sincere apologies for this mix-up.