• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Where should I start?

Hello All! This is my first post on this forum and Im happy to be here!

I just received a promotion from being a teacher to being an Assistant Principal and am looking at GTD to help me get organized.

I need your help! Where do I start?

Here are some of my needs:
1. To do lists
2. Email through outlook orginization
3. projects and due dates
4. intergration with my phone (blackberry or iphone)

Any insight on where to start would be very helpful!

:confused:
 
Jnstrom;90572 said:
Hello All! This is my first post on this forum and Im happy to be here!

I just received a promotion from being a teacher to being an Assistant Principal and am looking at GTD to help me get organized.

I need your help! Where do I start?

Congratulation on your promotion and welcome! You're already off to a great start by identifying some problem areas. The first 3 chapters of the GTD book contain the core ideas, and I would start there. I would also consider the new implementation guide PDF which Davidco sells online. As you get up and running, you can look at this web site and gtdtimes.com for material that speaks to your needs. But that's just my opinion.
 
Same Problem

Hello Everyone,

Sorry my english is very bad. But I am happy to be here too.

I have read the book Getting Things Done and Ready for Anything in french.
It's nice book. My question is same Jnstrom but I search the template for the paper list "Next Action" and "Project List". An Idea ?

Where I found the new implementation guide PDF ?

Thanks for your help
 
I'm far from expert, maybe that gives me an advantage with a new person.

Get the book, Getting things done.

I would suggest, then, setting up a paper system, no need to get fancy.

then also set up your organization first: lists, reference files, support files (that's where you put things that your lists refer to.)

Finally collect some items and organize them. You can bury yourself if you go too far too fast.

See how that works for you!

Jmsmall
 
Top