Why people need GTD

Tombo

Registered
So I have stumbled through trying to get GTD going in my life for the past few years. Last year I downloaded Wunderlist and started a projects list used it for a while then abandoned it. Well I’m trying to get GTD going again and I did a brain dump the other day. I then decided to create next actions to add to my Wunderlist that I’m going to start using again. Well of course, five projects from my brain dump were are already on my Wunderlist projects from last year as I never made a move on them. I hope I can stick to my guns this time. Any tips are much appreciated.

Oogiem

Registered
Review all your items on your lists for current relevance.
Process all your new inputs regularly into current projects, trash, reference or someday/maybe projects with a clear next action for all current projects sorted by the critical context you need tobe in to do that action.
Check your lists at least daily.
Review everything on your current place at least weekly and review someday/maybe at a schedulae that is appropriate for you.

It takes years to really get GTD going. Just start over again as often as you fall off the wagon. Even when you "get" GTD you will be continually learning and growing in how you use the tools to help you. GTD is a path and a system not a destination.

Tombo

Registered
Process all your new inputs regularly into current projects, trash, reference or someday/maybe projects with a clear next action for all current projects sorted by the critical context you need tobe in to do that action.
Review everything on your current place at least weekly and review someday/maybe at a schedulae that is appropriate for you.

It takes years to really get GTD going. Just start over again as often as you fall off the wagon. Even when you "get" GTD you will be continually learning and growing in how you use the tools to help you. GTD is a path and a system not a destination.

Kmet

Registered
OOgiem: "It takes years to really get GTD going. Just start over again as often as you fall off the wagon."

Absolutely, I am practicing GTD since 2015 and I keep falling off the wagon over and over. However, the intervals of having everything under control are getting longer and longer as I improve my system over time.

Just be patient my friend and be very serious about your weekly reviews. Don't skip them if you don't want to fall off the wagon. This is my number one learning from my 3 years GTD experience.