Will Outlook Sync with Palm Zire 71?

J

jim2459

I am new to forum groups but just wanted to know if I can Sync my Palm Zire 71 to Outlook? I recently purchased a Blackberry 8700 and am using that with Outlook but want to give my Zire 71 to my wife and still have both of us using the same database/address book/calendar/etc. Thanks. Jim.

wordsofwonder

Registered
As far as I am aware, all Palms will sync with Outlook, and all should come with the necessary software to make that happen. There is some third-party software that enables more complex synchronization scenarios, but for the basics, the stuff that comes in the box should be more than sufficient.

-- Tammy

mikeobrien58

Registered
Birthdays blown away

Just a word of warning -- I recently started a new job where they use Outlook. I synced my Palm with Outlook without much trouble -- except that all the birthdays in my Contacts list were blown away.

Luckily I had the birthdays recorded elsewhere -- but I've gone back to syncing with Palm Desktop. It's a much better PIM in my opinion!

wordsofwonder

Registered
mikeobrien58 said:
Just a word of warning -- I recently started a new job where they use Outlook. I synced my Palm with Outlook without much trouble -- except that all the birthdays in my Contacts list were blown away.

I think this depends on which version of Palm OS your handheld is running, and how the sync conduits are set up. On my Palm Z22 (PalmOS 5.4) the birthdays sync without a problem.

-- Tammy