wrist watch voice recorder?

ArcCaster

Registered
I have been using my cell phone to record thoughts that come to me when it is inconvenient to write a note. I really like it. But, I have to fish the phone from wherever I am carrying it, and so I wonder -- suppose I could record with a watch -- no fumbling, no fishing -- just press and record. Has anybody tried this?

Thanks,
Rob

ArcCaster

Registered
Thanks Kelly,

Given your findings and the type of site that supplies such items, maybe a watch isn't such a good idea. At least when I am recording a message on the phone, my intentions are obvious. I think I will stick with my phone :)

Rob

mmurray

Registered
mcogilvie;92290 said:
The iPod nano will record, but you need to use earbuds/headset with a microphone.

And you can buy bands to wear it as a (chunky) watch. The latest update just realised has a variety of watch faces.

ArcCaster

Registered
mmurray;92294 said:
And you can buy bands to wear it as a (chunky) watch. The latest update just realised has a variety of watch faces.

Full Circle! Since my cell phone displays the time, why wear a watch? So when my watch died, I decided to 'go modern' and use my phone as a time keeper. After a month without a watch, I decided retrieving the time from a pocket or carrying case was just too annoying, and I do indeed appreciate a watch, even though it has redundant functionality. And, as long as I have decided to go back to a watch, why not look for more functionality, such as a voice recorder. The nano is a very intriguing idea. I wonder when they will move a phone onto the watch too -- then maybe I can get rid of the cell phone I lug around :)

Thanks for the tips.
Rob