A life without project list?

Popeye

Registered
List less??

A life with longer NA-lists?? ;)

Or do you mean that you have all project in your head?

Cpu_Modern

Registered
I can think of 3 reasons to have the projects list:
  1. For higher-level planning. Does every longterm goal have a project? Is every Area of Focus served by enough projects? Do all projects seen together support my higher levels in a robust and complete way?
  2. Facilitate prioritization: which projects are active, which are someday/maybe and which go to trash? The same goes for urgency: which projects should I tackle the upcoming days/weeks?
  3. The obvious organization: does every project have a Next Action? Did I catch all open loops?

pxt

Registered
Kloun;91943 said:
How would a life without project list look like?

When I have a rush of things that need to be done urgently, rather than go into all my projects and take offline the non-urgent ones, I run in panic mode in my email inbox.

For each urgent thing I must do, I email the task to myself. Then I pick tasks out of the inbox, do some work on them, decide the next action and forward it back to myself, deleting the original. This way, a single email holds the next action, plus the history ( support material ).

Running my panic mode this way means that I never miss any new input, while following my natural instinct of getting to inbox zero.

Once the crisis is over, I go back to my normal GTD system and pick up where I left off.

This is a next action list, where each action generates another action until the I decide the 'project' is over.

Popeye

Registered
Animals with or without projectlists ???

TesTeq;91952 said:
I think animals do not use a Projects list.

I don´t think TesTeq have a project called "Learning the art of delivering funny comments without seeming rude" on his project list... :) My comment can also be seen as rude....

Was the answer funny?

No, not in my eyes ...

But I think he means that you should have project lists ... ;)

right TesTeq ???

TesTeq

Registered
Inventory of things that are important.

Popeye;91957 said:
I don´t think TesTeq have a project called "Learning the art of delivering funny comments without seeming rude" on his project list... :) My comment can also be seen as rude....

Was the answer funny?

No, not in my eyes ...

But I think he means that you should have project lists ... ;)

right TesTeq ???

My comment can be considered as an offensive joke (and I'm sorry for that) but it can be treated as a straightforward statement too. And as a straightforward statement it is true - without a doubt.

It was not my intention to say that people without Projects list are animals.

This comment was too frivolous for a Forum Hero and please accept my apologies.

I encourage everybody to have an inventory of things that are important for her/him. Project, Someday/Maybe and Areas of Focus lists are the simplest structures to store this information. Without them you'll be in neverending stress.

Popeye

Registered
TesTeq;91963 said:
I encourage everybody to have an inventory of things that are important for her/him. Project, Someday/Maybe and Areas of Focus lists are the simplest structures to store this information. Without them you'll be in neverending stress.

I second that TesTeq... it´s so true.

and I must say, TesTeq, your posts are both sharp and insightful. A pleasure to read because you have much experience to share. So contiune the good "work" to be a Forum Hero. :D