? about Projects and NA's..new to forum!

ohcecilia

Registered
I'm somewhat unclear on GTD Projects and NA's. Are all NA's listed under the project and then each individually under context? My project is Graduation Cards. 1. I have to order the photo graduation card online through Costco, 2. I have to pick them up when ready, 3. I have to print out my address list to whom I'm mailing, 4. I have to address them. 5. I have to mail them.

Are the NA's 1-5 all listed under my project: Graduation Cards and then do I have each one under for @online: order photo cards, @waiting: for Costco order etc...how would you have this set up?

If this is basic, I apologize. I'm new to this forum and somewhat new to GTD. I lack discipline in my Weekly Review which I've paid the price for missed appointments so I'm trying to really get the program down. Thanks in advance! :-D

TesTeq

Registered
Not all actions are Next Actions.

ohcecilia;67263 said:
My project is Graduation Cards. 1. I have to order the photo graduation card online through Costco, 2. I have to pick them up when ready, 3. I have to print out my address list to whom I'm mailing, 4. I have to address them. 5. I have to mail them.

Are the NA's 1-5 all listed under my project: Graduation Cards and then do I have each one under for @online: order photo cards, @waiting: for Costco order etc...how would you have this set up?

You cannot wait for Costco before placing the order so waiting for cards and picking them up when ready are not the Next Actions. They are just actions. In GTD you only put Next Actions on the @context lists. Subsequent actions are listed in the Project's reference file (if necessary and not obvious).

Brent

Registered
No problem!

As TesTeq explains, it's a matter of need.

For anything you do, you need a goal (Project), and you need to figure out what you need to do next (Next Action). You can certainly think up other things that you'll need to do eventually, but you only need the Project and Next Action.

So, you'll have a list of Projects, and you'll have separate lists of Next Actions, one list per physical context (@Home, @Office, @Errands, etc.).

Does that make sense?