Anyone tried a Dell Axim yet?

N

nbmichalke

I keep seeing the ads for the Dell Axims and have even checked out the details on their website. They are pretty reasonably priced and although I have a Palm IIIxe I am thinking about moving to Pocket PC for various reasons, not the least of which is the fact that I can't have multiple categories assigned to tasks on the Palm.

Also, I've been wanting to get a personal MP3 player but wondered if the Axim wouldn't play music as I take walks--it looks like it will b/c it has a headphone jack but wondered if anyone could verify that?

Thanks for any input!!
Nicole

J

JonathanAquino

Re: Anyone tried a Dell Axim yet?

nbmichalke said:
I keep seeing the ads for the Dell Axims and have even checked out the details on their website. They are pretty reasonably priced and although I have a Palm IIIxe I am thinking about moving to Pocket PC for various reasons, not the least of which is the fact that I can't have multiple categories assigned to tasks on the Palm.

Nicole:

1. I've got an Axim on order from Dell. Can't wait!

2. You can get multiple categories assigned to tasks on a Palm, after a fashion: Download the free list application HandyShopper. It lets you label tasks with multiple categories. (In HandyShopper, categories are called "stores"). Note that HandyShopper does not have a desktop companion though.

J

JonathanAquino

Once you buy your Dell Axim (Pocket PC), you're going to need a decent replacement for the standard calendar/todo, which is pretty basic in the Pocket PC world.

Someone at Aximsite posted a Handango link that lets you buy Pocket Informant for $15 (half price):

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/show...36&postcount=23

I just bought it for 15 bucks and I'm delighted!

A

Anonymous

I have an Axim

I have an Axim, waited for about six weeks when they first came out, but it well worth the wait. I have the 624 MHz X30 with Wi-Fi and bluetooth. I never use the Wi-Fi, but it makes for good demo's for the non-geek type. The quality of the product is not a rigid as the HP's, but I have not had any problems to date. I figure these things will last at most two years before something else compelling comes around or it breaks. The outside buttons are set to record memo's which is a nice feature. It is very good value for the money and the premium for other PocketPC venders is not worth it.

Pocket PC works so much better for me and the way I think than my old palms. Your mileage may vary.