ATTENTION: If you are (or have been previously) on a 14 Day Trial!

mcgeek

Registered
Hi GTDers,

Thank you so much for trying out our online community, GTD Connect. We hope you are enjoying your time online with us.

In an effort to make our system more streamlined, can you please share any feedback you have about your experience signing up for the trial? This would include the entire sign-up process from clicking on the offer link, to the finish line of setting up your account.

We are always trying to improve access to our resources and would greatly appreciate anything you have to offer. We recognize that our members know best when it comes to the experience of being on GTD Connect, so any input you might have is extremely valuable to us.

Thank you in advance for any contribution!

Warm Regards,
Kari

ProfessorSue

Registered
It was easy; no suggestions

It's been over a year since my trial membership, and I don't remember any problems. I did put off starting the trial, because I honestly thought it was something I might do only for the 2 weeks, and wanted to do it when I could devote more time to it. But a few days into the trial, I was hooked and knew this would be more than 2 weeks. I wish I had a suggestion for improvement, but my experience (including getting help with the academic discounted price) was very positive. The webinars are great, and I participate in nearly all of them, but the most consistently useful stream of suggestions comes from Connect members who have been at it for years. As one of my friends, a psychotherapist, responded when I told her I had to get things done and had an online group to help, "You mean there's a support group for that?!?"

mcgeek

Registered
Thanks!

ProfessorSue;90448 said:
It's been over a year since my trial membership, and I don't remember any problems. I did put off starting the trial, because I honestly thought it was something I might do only for the 2 weeks, and wanted to do it when I could devote more time to it. But a few days into the trial, I was hooked and knew this would be more than 2 weeks. I wish I had a suggestion for improvement, but my experience (including getting help with the academic discounted price) was very positive. The webinars are great, and I participate in nearly all of them, but the most consistently useful stream of suggestions comes from Connect members who have been at it for years. As one of my friends, a psychotherapist, responded when I told her I had to get things done and had an online group to help, "You mean there's a support group for that?!?"

Thank you- that made me laugh! So glad there weren't problems- we really appreciate your feedback!

Warm Regards,
Kari

rdlewis

Registered
Absolutely great

Hi Kari,

I found the whole process of setting up the trial fantastic. I couldn't believe how much was available for FREE and once I saw it, I knew there was no going back! Questions about charitable organization discount very swiftly and helpfully answered - I had no hesitation in signing up for the full membership.

enyonam

Registered
14 Day Trial Works!

I've been a GTD Connect member for almost 2 years now and if there wasn't a free trial, I probably wouldn't be a member!

What I loved
  • I had full access to all GTD Connect resources. Often times, free trials have limited access and it was amazing that with GTD Connect I had access to GTD-Q, all webinars, all the forums, the Getting Started Guide, the articles, and more. I was hooked. At first, I thought it must glitch in the system :D
  • It was relatively easy to figure out how to extend my membership. I work in West Africa and travel a lot. I am sure I was in Ghana at the time I purchased the membership where often times US-based companies will block access to payment modules. I had no challenges purchasing my GTD Connect membership.

What I would like to see changed
  • I did not see the cost of GTD Connect until somewhere into the trial. I thought it was rather expensive! Once I had used up the trial period, I decided to purchase 1 month and then I was hooked. I think while the two (2) week trial is great, a month-long trial would have given me the time I needed to really get familiar with all the features of GTD Connect and ready for continuous membership.
  • There is not a lot of information before you sign up about the features of GTD Connect. I suppose that's why there's a free trial - so you can find out what's really available. But, it would be lovely to have more information to catch people's attention about what you get. eProductivity.com for instance does a great job of this with all the testimonials and screen shots of their software. Reading those is a major incentive to giving it a try.
  • Integration with davidco.com is sometimes confusing. I sometimes have to log in twice and often I can't seem to click on an email summary of the forums and get to GTD Connect - I have to open a different window.

mcgeek

Registered
Thank you so much

Hi everyone,

Really appreciating the candid and responses and the time spent on them. We really have the best members!! Much appreciated. Keep em coming!

Wardlaw

Registered
Guidance through features - User stories

I initially went onto the 14day trial and didn't have time to explore anything but the audio content, which was the part I wanted to be convinced of the value of.. both in quality (that it wasn't repetition of any GTD material I had already) and the volume.

I was convinced by that but still felt it was a bit expensive..

It wasn't until I started to use the public forums that I started to note who was giving the high quality responses.

I then attended a seminar and got a month.

Not being able to download the material to an ipod was enough for me
- but when I started to more fully engage with GTD and find 'specific' issues that I wouldn't have been able to articulate properly when I first started - I found the value of the forums.. and the amazing people in them.

So I use the forums by my system either serving me well - or failing me...
I'll take a quick look at the book to see if there's an obvious title that helps me understand what I'm doing differently or failing to do..
And if there's no obvious improvement point OR recognition of some change I've made to ensure I can replicate the positive result I'm feeling...

Then I turn to the forum:

I use search to look for a pre-existing thread or post - and then explain my story and await response..
If someone experienced responds there is normally a link to some audio material within Connect or some chapter within GTD and I'll go listen and then better target my question until I have a solution or a recipe articulated that'll keep my system flowing.
--

I barely use the intention journal and am only JUST starting to recognise the value of that - and within a 14day trial what'd be great is if you could ensure someone access to one webinar or a particular date so they could experience the webinar - some kind of redeemable coupon, rather than relying on the fact that there will be a webinar during their 14days..

The capacity to vote on next subject for the webinar really makes it feel like Connect is serving your individual needs.. but also that your experiences and fall-downs can be valuable to others..
14 days isn't enough to make it feel like a community - but I don't think you should give away more..
I reckon you can demonstrate how others have used GTDConnect better...

Perhaps you create a month trial (without media content) but with forum access..
Or a certain number of thread posting credits..
And then one access to a Webinar - inclusive in that month you can select a certain number of media materials to access...

BUT most importantly there is a guided tour as to the ways in which GTD has benefited them in their GTD implementation and insight into working productively/managing life.

e.g Forum member x came to the forum with difficulty about issue A and posted on forum, was recommended chapter 1 and a particular audio. Also to use the outlook set up guide. He listened and watched particular webinar and then interacted with 8members in the GTD book club and then finally set an intention to track that particular issue within the intention journal. Member x took the GTDQ test before hand and was in victim but through the support of community ended up in Master and commander. He now tracks threads on subject A D and F to ensure he continues to deepen his insight and has his own support group around those issues because he knows that will be a continuing challenge.

If you were able to interview a few people that'd be awesome and also do a little webinar marking their impact in the forum - slides showing what they listened to, a screenshot of their authored threads and the responses to them and perhaps the audio that supported them, with a few profile shots of who is their forum buddy.

If it was more obvious that GTDConnect had coached them through an issue and given them loads of resources.. From issue presenting itself to it's resolution..
I reckon I could've seen two or three such stories and immediately seen the value.