Best Windows Desktop GTD App ?

Tado

Registered
I'm looking for something with a very clean and simple interface.
I looked at wunderkist and didn't really like the ui design.

nick_ross

Registered
My Life Organized

You could try MLO - I used it for a few years when I ran a windows machine.

HTH

Nick

mcogilvie

Registered
Tado;107830 said:
I'm looking for something with a very clean and simple interface.
I looked at wunderkist and didn't really like the ui design.

Do you need to sync across devices? If so, what platforms?
Is a web app a possibility for you?

Tado

Registered
Thanks for the suggestions nick.

It doesn't need to sync w/ any cloud or other devices.

Dorcas

Registered
Mlo

I also use My Life Organized.

It's a little spendy, but incredibly powerful. It's a pay service, but it can be synced to an android and iPhones app. However, it's best to think of the apps as a companion to the desktop software as opposed to stand alone.

Tado

Registered
Mark Jantzen;107878 said:
Lots of platforms and flexibility to customize.

I would love to use Evernote, but the IT guys have blocked a lot of sites due to security concerns.

Mark Jantzen

Registered
Outlook or Paper?

In a similar situation I'd be tempted to use your company's email program (Outlook?) if it's got list management capability or choose THE most flexible tool - paper and pen.

I've used a lot of tools over time - from a Time/Design paper binder to OmniFocus - and the GTD methodology implemented with Weekly Reviews will dominate any shortcomings on the technology side.

It really is the systematic approach ... and it took me awhile to buy into that idea.

Hope I'm not too outside the scope of your question.

tyGTDer

Registered
Dorcas;107868 said:
I also use My Life Organized.

It's a little spendy, but incredibly powerful. It's a pay service, but it can be synced to an android and iPhones app. However, it's best to think of the apps as a companion to the desktop software as opposed to stand alone.

Definitely MLO (my life organized), now version 4 has a tabbed interface that you can configure with different views of your outline/todo lists. Very powerful!

*susan*

Registered
If you haven't checked out IQTELL, I suggest that you do. It is still in Beta, but what an amazing app it is. The developers are incredibly responsive and this site has literally organized my entire life. It is 100% based on the principles of GTD.

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
Nirvana is outstanding!

Look at Nirnanahq. It is an outstanding GTD web app, with an iPhone app out, and Android app in the final stages of Beta testing, and an iPad app soon to be released for Beta testing.