Breaking the Rules webinar, 2015

Jay McConnell

Registered
I listened to Meg and Kelly's "Breaking the Rules" Webinar from 2015. It freed me up to customize and be more organic about my GTD practice. I now see I was applying a lot of unnecessary control. I was kind of ramming the GTD Program (as I saw it) into my life. It felt safe but not very joyful.

A couple specifics that helped me:
1. I'm "allowed" to look at my e-mail Inbox and pick and choose the order that I deal with my e-mails. (duh)
2. It's ok to break my list managers in two. (Personal and Professional). I can take a more executive, harder-edge focus to professional, AND I can take a more expansive, curious attitude to my Personal.

Thank you! Feeling motivated by this webinar.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
I listened to Meg and Kelly's "Breaking the Rules" Webinar from 2015. It freed me up to customize and be more organic about my GTD practice. I now see I was applying a lot of unnecessary control. I was kind of ramming the GTD Program (as I saw it) into my life. It felt safe but not very joyful.

A couple specifics that helped me:
1. I'm "allowed" to look at my e-mail Inbox and pick and choose the order that I deal with my e-mails. (duh)
2. It's ok to break my list managers in two. (Personal and Professional). I can take a more executive, harder-edge focus to professional, AND I can take a more expansive, curious attitude to my Personal.

Thank you! Feeling motivated by this webinar.
So happy to hear it was helpful Jay!

FocusGuy

Registered
It's ok to break my list managers in two. (Personal and Professional). I can take a more executive, harder-edge focus to professional, AND I can take a more expansive, curious attitude to my Personal.
Personally I can understand this. I did it many time. I even made folders by AREAS. Finally I realized lessoning to what David ALLEN said that nesting was a workflow breaker. So, I did it differently. I love having all my actives projects in one folder call "projects" They are all listed one after the other often beginning by the area eg Finance / GGGGG all professional together and at the end all personal. One list only.
In action it seems be easier for me.