Can Outlook Today tasks lists be filtered?

ggrozier

Registered
I've pretty much decided this is impossible, but before giving up...the Customize button in outlook today doesn't let me choose to show just the tasks due in the next 7 days or 14 days. I'd also like to be able to customize the calendar view in outlook today. Is that possible?

I've got my calendar view set up like I want it, with the task list like I want it, so have about decided to make that my default view, but this is just nagging me. This is outlook 2002. Is it possible with 2003?

D

djblois

It is not possible at the moment to filter Outlook today tasks but in Outlook 12 do out next year it will be possible. Here, I'll post the link of screenshots. Just find the Screenshot of the Outlook Today page and you'll see at the top "Filter Applied"

http://activewin.com/articles/2005/21.shtml

Daniel

ggrozier

Registered
Glad to know there's no point to wasting any more time on it for now. Thanks for the link. I was thinking it might be worthwhile upgrading.

whkratz

Registered
You could display filtered Tasks if you customize your Outlook Today page and use the Outlook View Control to display your Task folder.

Regards.....Bill Kratz

tjisolutions

Registered
whkratz said:
You could display filtered Tasks if you customize your Outlook Today page and use the Outlook View Control to display your Task folder.

Regards.....Bill Kratz

Pray tell how would one go about doing that?

ggrozier

Registered
Outlook is frustrating

I'm trying to get my Tasks working with Outlook. I got the DA pdf and it helped me get a grip on how to set things up. But why won't OL give me the reports I want--like a small three- or four-month calendar at the top of the page and a filtered list of my tasks due in the next 7 or 14 days with ALL the associated notes at the bottom? It doesn't seem that it's a complex or unreasonable or even an unusual requirement--must be lots of people who'd like to be able to do that.

I like the ability to set tasks to recur automatically, etc and the different views I can get on the computer (except for the Outlook Today limitations) but what's the problem? Is Outlook an orphan child? Seems that with all the interest in GTD and productivity these days, Microsoft would put a bit more into it.

Finally found something fairly close to what I need--the second page of a one-day calendar, and if I move a lot of the notes into the description field, I can get almost all of my notes field to print out too. It seems there's a limit on how much of the notes field can be printed without going to the memo view, and I want to have everything printed onto just one or two sheets of paper.

Thanks for giving me a chance to complain!