Connect with GTD'ers near you

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Many of you have expressed interest in connecting with other Connect members in your local area. For example, we have a new partner in Brazil who wanted to know how to find other Connect members in Brazil. A great way to do that is through the Network feature in Connect.

You can reach out to individuals by sending them a private message on Connect, or through Connect to their email if they have enabled that. For some of you in the far reaches of the world, you may not have that many people in your area and an individual message would be an easy way to reach out to someone. You can find contact options by clicking on a member's name in any Forum post or in the Search results.

If you live in an area with many members (for example, if I do a search near Los Angeles, there are more than 800 people!) you might instead choose to post something to the Forum under Social Networking Lounge category, inviting people for a meet up in your area.

Attached files

nick_ross

Registered
Not sure how well this is working

I gave this functionality a go, and found that, based on my home address in the UK, that members in Australia and the USA were within 50 miles of me...

Does anyone else have this problem, or have I gone wrong somewhere along the line ?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Let me check into that

It draws from the zip code field, I believe, so let me check where it might be incorrectly pulling the search criteria for you.

patisch

Registered
same here...not working

same here...i live in seoul (ROK) and within 100 miles of me i get addresses in the UK and US....so small world indeed :) . maybe it only works with american zip codes?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Some clarity on this feature

Sorry for any confusion here. I learned something new about this search feature. The IT gave me some tips to pass along:

For anyone outside the U.S., the best way to find other members in your country is to use the Search box.

For members within the U.S., the Within box searches on U.S. zip codes in member profiles.

Hope this helps!

Attached files

norbertm

Registered
kelstarrising;66112 said:
A great way to do that is through the Network feature in Connect.

Can you please enlighten me where this Search For Connect Members form can be found? I can't seem to locate it anywhere. Thanks!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
So sorry. That feature was recently disabled, as it wasn't giving accurate results. We are looking for better ways to bring that functionality to members.

In the meantime, a very successful way seems to be for members to post in the Social Lounge forum that they would like to connect with other members in their area.