Content Idea: Coaching Case Studies

larea

Registered
Ok, I had this idea for a GTD series that would entertain and educate me at least.....

This occurred to me after listening to some of David's interviews with successful GTDers. Why not have a coaching case study a la "Can this GTDer be saved?" or "Extreme Makeover:GTD Edition." I love to hear about other people's systems and the coaching stories on the CDs and webinars often point out to me an area where I could improve.

I am picturing the Coachee giving an intro, and what they think their problems are, then the GTD Coach reviews their list and tells us what their actual problem area are and how to fix them. We could hear their next actions that aren't, their issues with areas of focus, whatever. It could be a different coach every time. Every time an area of improvement is identified and we hear the details, it's another chance for us to identify something WE could improve on. Finally, the story will end happily with a pristine system and a pledge to do weekly reviews from now on.

After hearing it, many of us will then become motivated to sign up for coaching!

Barb

Registered
Love this

I think this is a great idea. I'm wondering, though, if it wouldn't take some of the drama away from the coaching staff and what they do--either onsite or through telecoaching. In a real short period of time, they are like magicians with the tricks, tips, bells and whistles. I was amazed with how much I got out of it and do plan to schedule a session per year at least.

As Connect members we get a lot of free coaching advice--through the forums, the webinars and the articles. When Kelly did that poll a few months ago about the value we perceive in different parts of Connect, I was floored that "access to coaches" wasn't #1.

delittlehales

Registered
Great Idea!

Kelly, could you or Laura please put something together like this? You could do it as a video with different staff in your office kind of like "The Office" TV show. It could be extremely fun and very educational!

Dave Littlehales
delittlehales
La Mirada, California, USA

Barb

Registered
I have a fan?

Aw, Steve...thanks so much for that. I was so NERVOUS..I talked way too much. It was a lot of fun to do it, though. :)

steveinbristol

Registered
Yes you do ...

Well to me you have a really calm and relaxing speaking voice, so I didn't notice that. There were some nuggets of gold in your advice that resonated with me - I'm a former workaholic business owner who got out and now works solo.

Keep up with the posting, Barb you have some very valuable learning to pass on ... and you make me smile :D