Credit-card sized pen and paper pad

moises

Registered
I just ordered a Picopad. I will give an update when I receive it. It will replace my current Wallet Pen and Post-It Pad which I carry in my wallet. The Picopad supposedly fits in a credit card space in my wallet. It's kind of pricey compared to my existing setup. It remains to be seen if it's worth it.

C

Campion

moises;50728 said:
I just ordered a Picopad. I will give an update when I receive it. It will replace my current Wallet Pen and Post-It Pad which I carry in my wallet. The Picopad supposedly fits in a credit card space in my wallet. It's kind of pricey compared to my existing setup. It remains to be seen if it's worth it.

I have been using a PDA as my primary mobile tool. On the low tech side, I'd rather bring a hipster PDA together with anything digital. I am cheap;)

roakleyca

Registered
For my ubiquitous capture, I use (in order of % of use)

1. My Mead momo notebook which fits in my backpocket. A mini pen fits perfectly in the coils too! I feel like such a journalist when I pull it out (from nowhere). It is my GTD life saver.
2. Jott. If you don't know about Jott --- find out now. It's revolutionary.
3. My blackberry --- but not often. The BB is mostly for information retrieval --- contacts, next actions, calendar, notes, maps, ect.

nick_ross

Registered
Had a quick look at the website

I'm intrigued to know how well the pen actually feels to write with.

Looks like a good idea, but not sure how it would hold up in real life...

Tom Shannon

Registered
moises;50728 said:

Please do this. I have a wallet pen but the paper pads chronically fall apart. This looks like a reasonable solution.

Tom S.

moises

Registered
Picopad arrived today. The pen is very small, but it does write. The pad consists of some small sticky notes.

I have removed my wallet pen, which I kept in the middle crease of the wallet, and my own 3-inch-square sticky notes, which I kept with my paper dollars. Later on, I might bring back the wallet pen but keep the Picopad for the conveniently packaged sticky notes.

I usually have my PDA with me and I use Jott and love it. There are still times that I want to write a note. I didn't use my wallet pen a lot, but it sure was nice to have when I needed it. The Picopad seems to offer some incremental improvements over my existing setup.

Tom Shannon

Registered
moises;50799 said:
I have removed my wallet pen, which I kept in the middle crease of the wallet, and my own 3-inch-square sticky notes, which I kept with my paper dollars. Later on, I might bring back the wallet pen but keep the Picopad for the conveniently packaged sticky notes.

Thanks. I have ordered this. I would also say that the pen is likely too small so I will almost certainly continue to keep my Fisher Bullet Space Pen in my wallet. I will let you know how it goes.

Tom S.

S

spectecGTD

I like it

I ordered the 3-pack after seeing this string. It came a couple of days ago and my first impression is that I really like it. The pen is easy enough to write with (for brief notes - wouldn't want to write a letter with it). The little wings really do make a difference. I recommend it for anyone wanting a paper note pad that doesn't take up much pocket real estate.

moises

Registered
Today I got my first real use of it "in the field." My son was at a swim lesson and I wanted to make some notes and didn't want to wait for my PDA to boot up fully.

The pen does work and I got used to using it quite quickly. I used the sticky notes as a bookmark in the book I was reading, since the sticky note I had put in the book at home had fallen off.

So, I second spectecGTD's assessment: I like it too!

wbc

Registered
My solution

Hi!
The pico looks kinda small - I know it is the intention of this pen :) , but for me it looks too small.

I use a pocketMod as a pad and a Fisher Space Pen Bullet. The pocketMod fits perfectly in a wallet and the pen is small enough to go in the pocket
of my pants. And the pen writes just like a normal sized pen.

-wbc

M

mikeclements

Buy in the UK?

Hi,

The PicoPad looks great. Anyone know where to buy one in the UK? I've tried (and failed) to find anywhere on the internet apart from people like Amazon US who charge large amounts for shipping internationally.

Any ideas greatfully received!
Thanks,
Mike

hth

Registered
mikeclements;53111 said:
The PicoPad looks great. Anyone know where to buy one in the UK? I've tried (and failed) to find anywhere on the internet apart from people like Amazon US who charge large amounts for shipping internationally.

Same here in Germany. Informations are welcome.

Yours
Alexander