David Allen webinar -- hold the date for February 18

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Hi GTD Connect members,

David Allen will be presenting a webinar on Managing Competing Priorities, on Tuesday, February 18, at 11:00AM Pacific time. It will be free for monthly and annual GTD Connect members. We'll also record it for the archives, if you're not able to attend live.

David and Meg Edwards spent a few minutes on the theme of competing priorities in their webinar last September. That portion generated lots of questions and discussion, so we thought it would be a great topic for David to expand on.

I'll post a registration link in the upcoming webinars listing in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, please feel free to reply to this or email connect@davidco.com if you have specific questions or examples you'd like David to address.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Registration link posted in the Upcoming Webinars section

I have just posted the registration link for David's webinar in the listing of upcoming webinars. That's on the upper-right side of most pages on GTD Connect, including the home page.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Do you have any questions you'd like David to answer?

Hi All,

We've got some great questions lined up for David for tomorrow's Dealing with Competing Priorities webinar. And if you've thought of something else you'd like to ask, please post it here or email to connect@davidco.com.

I hope to "see" you there tomorrow!

mcogilvie

Registered
John Forrister;112999 said:
Hi All,

We've got some great questions lined up for David for tomorrow's Dealing with Competing Priorities webinar. And if you've thought of something else you'd like to ask, please post it here or email to connect@davidco.com.

I hope to "see" you there tomorrow!

I think this is "the" question for me: How do I balance across areas of focus? I think it's relatively easy most of the time to balance and prioritize work projects of similar types, for example. However, it's hard for me to keep perspective across areas of focus when there are many demands that have only one thing in common: they all want your time and energy. Elderly parents, newlywed children, personal, professional, home and car maintenance: the bait shop in the Berkshires looks pretty good sometimes.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
mcogilvie;113005 said:
. . . keep perspective across areas of focus when there are many demands that have only one thing in common: they all want your time and energy.

Well said.

For me, and for many I talk with there's a sense that others want time and energy. They have their priorities, and those don't always match my priorities.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
It was great to see so many GTD Connect members on today's webinar.

I'll get the recording posted in the webinar archives in the next few days.