DavidCo Principles

fassold

Registered
A few years back, David posted his company's principles -- the best I've ever seen. He also has shared them at seminars. Are they available anywhere? I don't see them on the DavidCo website any more. Thanks!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Someone else asked me for these recently too. We are working on some new ones, but these are examples of our old ones:

Attached files

DenaDahilig

Registered
These are great!

Thank for posting this, Kelly! It's a great example of higher horizons, too.

How do you "leverage the wisdom of the group"? If it were the "experience" or the "diversity" or another such word, I think I'd get it. But "wisdom" just threw me (oh, the irony...).

What might be an example of this?

Looking forward to the update... :)

Dena

DenaDahilig

Registered
Got it... thanks!

Often that's the challenge of being a one-woman operation... I have to look outside, to mentors and coaches and forums like this to find that wisdom.

I'd be curious to know how others find their "wisdom committees".

Dena

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Another reason that I appreciate David Allen Company's approach to group wisdom is that it's a refreshing alternative to loudest voice wins or majority rule. (Can you tell I'm an introvert who has lived through more than one meeting full of extroverts*?) There's a genuine interest in hearing different, even controversial ideas. This ties in with the Holacracy principle that every member of the organization is a sensor who has valuable information.

* For fun, ask your search engine whether extrovert or extravert is the correct spelling. The answer is the punchline to the joke about accountants: What would you like the answer to be? And before anyone takes umbrage for CPAs and FCAs, please know that I am familiar with FASB and GAAP.

laurac

Registered
artsinaction;100278 said:
I'd be curious to know how others find their "wisdom committees".

Dena,

I've been working on a project for my masters program all year (as have all of the students in class with me), and part of the process has involved participating in a project team with 3 of my fellow students. It's been such a great learning process for me because so much wisdom has come out of this group in ways that have really supported me, and I didn't know any of these folks when I began working with them.

It makes me wonder if wisdom can be gathered from any group of reasonably supportive people - maybe it's more about doing the asking rather than who's being asked. For an introvert like me, this has been a cool thing to experience and has given me more incentive to reach out.