David's latest newsletter

J

Jason Womack

What do you think of this month's newsletter?

PRODUCTIVITY PRINCIPLE #95

Best is much better than good.

Please feel free to share your ideas! (Being best vs. Doing best!)

PS: Not getting the newsletter? Simply let me know at jason@davidco.com

tallmarvin

Registered
The newsletter is great!

What's the status of David's next book? My understanding is that he is incorporating these tips into a next generation GTD book, which is why the old e-newsletters are no longer available.

N

neilhedley

Jason, I can honestly say that since I started receiving the letter a couple or three years ago, this one was the best I've ever seen.

Maybe it's just because it came at a time when I needed to hear some of what David had to say. Not sure if anyone had a similar experience to mine with it.

The three words that meant the most to me: "The best nap."

Kidding.

It was brilliant. There's too much brilliance in that man's head for his newsletter to only be monthly, you know.

Regards,
Neil

N

neilhedley

I should add...

I can think of two people who would benefit greatly from what David presented in this latest issue, and I plan on printing it out and forwarding it to them.
They're both people who've been hit with sudden, unexpected career changes. The impact has been that it's difficult to get them to "pick themselves up and dust themselves off", because they're afraid of having to start over again from scratch.
The idea of "doing your best", the way David explained it, will be a huge help to me in getting that process jump-started for them.

Only thing I wish is that the newsletters were available in BOTH HTML and PDF format. Some of them just scream to be printed and hung on bulletin boards, but the HTML version loses something between my Inbox and the printer.

Regards,
Neil

A

Anonymous

Re: David's latest newsletter

Is there a way to get past issues of the news letter? Somehow I wound up not getting one since July and I'd like to catch up.

Jason Womack said:

J

Jason Womack

Past issues of DA's newsletters...

As a matter of fact, David's next book (due to go to press this SPRING!) is going to be a collection of his Principles.

I, too, look forward to reading it!

J

Jason Womack

The Productivity Principles

Hello!

David's newsletters ("Productivity Principles") are currently being coordinated into David's next book! Look for it to come out later this year!

We appreciate your support and interest...we've grown to sending the newsletter to about 30,000 readers each month! Thanks for reading...

C

Christoffer

Re: David's latest newsletter

Jason Womack said:

The thing that really fired my imagination was ( is) "What's the best thing for me to be doing right now ?" That's on my white board in my office along with ... Is it of benfit for: my life, This year, This week, Today, NOW !!

And, the best thing for me to do right now ... is stop this and go to sleep!

It's been several years since I got to do the tape set, and meet David in London - The more I get to use this stuff the more I appreiciate it.

Thanks for all the fab work you all do.

A

andmor

Felling Good about your List

If an objective is to feel good about your list - what you are doing and what you are not doing, then it's a good idea to find ways to make it as easy as possible to make yourself feel good. One method that has helped me is going top-down from a higher level view of my life and assessing Musts and Shoulds. During Processing, if I decide that there is a next action, I use the Priority field to assign Must/Should/Other. Then when I select what to actually do, I don't feel bad about anything other than Must that I am not going to Do right now, because I know I have selected according to my Goals/Values. So it doesn't matter to me how long my list is.

Andrew