Desktop OrganizerI found

G

GTDroadKill

Yowzerz!

NINETY-EIGHT-BUCKS.... get outta hear, who ya tryin to kid?! What arre ya?

In New York, Levenger can slap a logo on a pancake... call it dessert... and charge you four-fifty-five for it. Those folks and anyone who shops there have yet to learn of the real meaning of "stewardship" in regard to how one handles his or her money. That's all I have to say on that.

As for organizers like that, I like to get creative and fun with it. I'll go to a second-hand antique store or a Ross or Marshall's or something and spend some time looking for little nuggets of cups, glasses, mini-vases, plates, etc., etc..... just the right thing to fit the space for what I need.

That way, it adds a little "art" to the whole process of productivity and thus, perhaps, a little more inspiration when I retrieve a paperclip from that little "just-the-right-pewter-like-magnet" thing I found whilst doing some creative relaxation shopping with my muse.

If that doesn't suit you, you can always try baby food jars, coffee mugs, or a Staples trip.

g

C

Chet

I think there's sufficient info on the product page for you to take to a local carpenter or something and see if they can make it for you.

mcogilvie

Registered
Levenger's prices are high, but not ridiculous

I have bought a few things at Levenger, and enjoy browsing their catalogs. On the whole, their prices are high, but not crazy. A good fraction of their stuff is designed to be bought by corporations to give to customers, salesmen, et cetera. This stuff, particularly the lower cost stuff, is sometimes of dubious value and utilty. I'm not an afficionado of fountain pens, either, so I can't comment on those. However, their leather portfolios are of excellent quality and design, and their sales prices are often very good.

Mike

12hourhalfday

Registered
Chet said:
I think there's sufficient info on the product page for you to take to a local carpenter or something and see if they can make it for you.
I wouldn't even know how to go about finding a carpenter. Sounds expensive

L

luisr

Check out your local department store too

Your "dream organizer" looks a lot like organizers I find at Winners (the Canadian version of TJ Maxx) for about $29; or check Barnes & Noble, etc. -- north of the border the upper end book stores tend to carry organizers & office accessories, again at much more reasonable pricing than you mentioned.

You might want to check out someone like that!

G

GTDroadKill

Now THAT's a smart shopper...

luisr said:
Your "dream organizer" looks a lot like organizers I find at Winners (the Canadian version of TJ Maxx) for about $29; or check Barnes & Noble, etc. -- north of the border the upper end book stores tend to carry organizers & office accessories, again at much more reasonable pricing than you mentioned.

You might want to check out someone like that!

g - kudos 2 ya. Can also try Ross and Marshall's they always have a plethora of unique things like that for those of us who aren't quite raking it in... yet.

ggrozier

Registered
Reconsider--desktop file holders need to slant

To make the disappointment over the price less of a problem, consider that the file holder isn't slanted--all the files are at the same level, so it'll be hard to see the tabs. I have a desk organizer similar to that and it drives me crazy. It's better to have the folders in something that raises the ones at the back so you can see all the tabs.

And the more you spend on something like that, the more it rankles when you find it doesn't work all that well. If you get a cheaper one and don't like, it won't hurt so much if you give it away or toss it out.

A

airolg

Anyone tried this one?

It's the rotary desk organizer that was created on last season's, "The Apprentice."

It's only offered at staples.com. It's probably better suited for storage and organizing rather than filing, but I wondered if anyone tried it yet. If nothing else, but for new paper storage, scissors and pen holders on each corner and that it rotates to utilize dead space.

I've never seen it in the Staples stores so it's hard to evaluate the quality.