File folder/computer carry case

S

szumbrun

Hello,
Can anyone recommend a good carry case for file folders and a laptop? I'm looking for a non-briefcase type of carrying case that has a shoulder strap.
Thanks for your input.

johnmcoulter

Registered
I use the Kenneth Cole "Long Story Port" bag. It has plenty enough room for laptop, file folders and some support materials or other reading. Extra pockets for stuff too. Poke around and you shouldn't have any trouble finding places that sell them.

szumbrun said:
Hello,
Can anyone recommend a good carry case for file folders and a laptop? I'm looking for a non-briefcase type of carrying case that has a shoulder strap.
Thanks for your input.

J

jaythebull

I went with a messenger bag from Timbuk2 and have really enjoyed it. They cost more than most messenger bags, but the quality is there. I believe it was timbuk2.com

Good luck.
Jay

ommoran

Registered
szumbrun said:
Hello,
Thanks for your input.
Hi,

I went with a Targus, from their City Gear line. Mine is the New York briefcase, but they are all great bags, depending on what you want. Some great travel features, cell phone pockets, water bottle pouches, straps for going over luggage pulls, lots of pockets. See them here.

Sorry, Canadian site.

mramm

Registered
I am very excited to get my new eBags Firewall Laptop Brief today. I like that it has space for file folders and such, as well as being able to slip my laptop in the bag vertically instead of my stock Targus horizontally laying bag that came with the laptop (mine is a Lenovo ThinkPad T43).

Michael

shan150

Registered
I carry my office around with me everywhere I go...computer, client files, reference materials etc. so I have searched high and low for the perfect work back. One that was casual but would look professional enough in the right situations. One that was easy to carry, roomy but slim, etc.

I could recommend a lot of bags, but the one I am using now is the Tumi T-Tech Pulse Norfolk Convertible Computer Messenger Backpack. It converts easily from a messenger to a backpack, is roomy and slim with a ton of pockets and it fits both my 12" & 17" powerbooks (not at the same time although I am sure that would work)as well as client files and is very comfortable to carry with me everywhere I go.

www.tumi.com/backpacks_messengers/f...ckpack/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=66865

L

Lisa Wilson

Laptop Backpacks

Hello all,

I am from U.S new to this forum, you guys are talking about carrying case that has a shoulder strap.
I always use Laptop Backpacks for the same, actually i have to carry laptop daily, so i always prefer Backpacks, as they are easy to carry as well they will store a lot of stuff. you can try for the same, hope it will help you out.

Keep Sharing and Reading

JohnV474

Registered
Saddleback, again...

I keep mentioning these bags because I have come to really, really like them. I own two, though mine IS a briefcase.

Their site (www.saddlebackleather.com, and no I'm not associated with them in any way) has messenger bags as well as laptop-specific bags. A messenger bag could easily carry a laptop as well as file folders, and look great to boot.

JohnV474