Forum issues - specifically New Posts link

nick_ross

Registered
Hi

Is anyone else having a problem with the 'New Posts' link in the forum?

Have tried to use it in both IE8 and Chrome, on 2 different machines (one Win7, one WinVista), and it won't work (Chrome gives me a blank screen, IE8 gives me an error message about not being able to display the page - either due to the website being under maintenance or it has a programming error).

Have had this problem since the new improved forum was uploaded.

Any feedback or suggestions welcomed...

cheers

Nick

Barb

Registered
I was having the problem but..

I was having the exact problem you described, but sent an email to support and they fixed me up. Have you let them know? They are super responsive folks.

TesTeq

Registered
No problems.

nick_ross;78589 said:
Is anyone else having a problem with the 'New Posts' link in the forum?

I'm using:
- Windows XP Pro with Opera 10.51 and Firefox 3.5;
- Windows Vista Business with Firefox 3.5 (with NoScript);
and have no problems with 'New Post' link.

nick_ross

Registered
Barb;78594 said:
I was having the exact problem you described, but sent an email to support and they fixed me up. Have you let them know? They are super responsive folks.

Have sent a couple of emails in but no response (apart from the auto-response) - hence the post on the forum...

laurac

Registered
We're on it, Nick... some known issues

Hey Nick,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. So sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue. I did respond to both of your emails to us; my apologies that you did not receive the replies.

To all, we are still experiencing some issues as a result of the Forum software upgrades that we implemented a couple of weeks ago. Rest assured that our team is actively working on addressing all of these quirks. The current known issues related to our updates are:

- Some users are seeing a blank screen and/or display error on the page when they go to access New Posts, as Nick describes below.

- Some users are seeing a blank screen after replying to a thread; going back in the browser and Submitting again produces a duplicate post (but hitting Refresh on your browser does not.)

- Some users are experiencing that their subscribed thread email notifications have stopped working

Everyone, please keep letting us know what issues are showing up for you. You can email us at connect@davidco.com or keep us posted via this thread. When you notifiy us, please help us troubleshoot your issue by sending us the details of your system (OS and version, browser and version, PC or MAC, and where you were/ what you were doing on the site when you received the error. We are not always able to replicate the errors on our own, so the system details can really help us focus in on what might be the culprit.

Thanks for your patience, everyone! We will continue to update this thread with developments. Please keep talking to us. :)

Best,
Laura

laurac

Registered
Checking In...

Hello, everyone!

According to my queue, we have now responded to each of you who wrote to us individually with the issues you've been experiencing. As of this morning, I believe we've officially resolved all of the issues that you brought to our attention. Anyone else out there still experiencing errors or general "squirliness" related to the Connect Forums? If so, please let us know by posting them to this thread or sending an email to the Connect inbox (connect@davidco.com).

Thanks to each of you who communicated with our team. Your willingness to send us the details of the errors you encountered as well as the systems you use helped us get to the bottom of things much more quickly than we might have otherwise. We really appreciate your patience during the process.

Bigtime gratitude to Cyberscribe and the rest of our truly awesome IT team. I love that our Connect members are supported by such a thorough, conscientious and wildly talented crew.

Again, if you're reading this and your forum account is still acting a little funny, please reach out to us.

Thanks, all!

Barb

Registered
Squirliness

I have squirliness, but it's in no way due to Connect, I'm afraid. :D Thanks to everyone on the Team for getting us all fixed up. WE love that we are supported by such talented people as well. And that includes you, Laura!!

nick_ross

Registered
Thanks Guys

Barb;78927 said:
I have squirliness, but it's in no way due to Connect, I'm afraid. :D Thanks to everyone on the Team for getting us all fixed up. WE love that we are supported by such talented people as well. And that includes you, Laura!!

GTDConnect forum goodness is back - happy days :p