GTD organizer pdf with Adobe Acrobat

kjbaliga

Registered
Hi all,
Is there anybody who's used the 2014 organizer ( pdf) in electronic form i.e. with Adobe Acrobat or some other pdf editor ? I'm thinking of buying the pdf version of the organizer as it is said to be an editable one which one can use with a pdf editor, but can also be used as a paper version by printing out the pdf.
One videos on the official GTD youtube channel says that the organizer pdf was meant to be used with Adobe Acrobat. They mention how it can be used with the paid version of Adobe Acrobat (editing utility), and also with the free version ( to print to paper version).
I would be much obliged for inputs from someone who's used the pdf form of the Organizer in the electronic form.
Many Thanks,
jay

Cpu_Modern

Registered
There are tools to import any PDF into Office or Apple iWork. That would enhance the possible ways to manipulate the file.

I am not acquainted with the specific PDF you are referring too, but once upon a time I did something similar. The Mac's Preview tool, which is a PDF viewer, supports the PDF annotations functionality, I used this to update a PDF regularly. It worked. So I guess with Adobe READER it would work even better, since that tool has some more functions. No need to buy Adobe ACROBAT. Acrobat is also geared towards publishing post production more so than meant to be a PDF "editor."

Regarding printing out, as far as DIY paper planners go, from my experience I'd wager it would be just too much work to constantly print the whole planner out. That would require quite some discipline. If we are talking to just printing out a few sheets here and there, that is certainly maintainable.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Hi kjbaliga,

The GTD Organizer's editable fields and forms can be edited without a paid version of Adobe Acrobat. For example, the calendar fields and the Next Actions lists can be filled in without any need for a paid version of Acrobat.