GTD Success Strategies Webinar now posted

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
We just posted the replay to the GTD Success Strategies Webinar with David Allen. I personally loved this one, as it dug into some of the psychology of GTD. Really interesting stuff and David offers so many great tips.

Video version
Audio only version

(FYI: At the last minute, David needed to call in on a phone line instead of VOIP. It made the audio quality different between us two. Sorry about that, as it may come across when you listen.)

Here are the 4 main areas discussed:
  1. What are the habits and rituals to create
  2. What do I do when I fall "off" GTD?
  3. How do I create a trusted home base?
  4. How do I create a supportive environment?

ekmorris

Registered
May be my favorite one yet

I listened to this yesterday - parts of it I listened to twice. Great nuts-and-bolts suggestions and also some fascinating observations from David Allen about how and why this works, given how people generally view themselves and their worlds. (I'm being deliberately vague - I don't want to prejudice anyone. It was so rich that I'm sure what I took from it will be very different than what someone else does.).

Thanks again for doing these, Kelly!

Evelyn

bhenry86

Registered
David's 1990 Picture Map

Kelly,

In the webinar, which was very insightful, David mentioned a picture map that he developed over three days in 1990. Is that the drawing in Making It All Work on p. 245 (hardcover edition)?

Bill Henry
Honolulu, HI

BjornLjunggren

Registered
Great success webinar

Thanks for a great webinar, it is one of my audio downloads on my phone now. I'm brain washing myself with Dave and Kelly every day!

What really struck me this time when listening to David Allen was how important the structure is and how that creates the habits and rituals. I've been strengthening my GTD foundation ever since with more pens and papers (at home, at work, in my bag), more folders(to home, to office), more labellers (at home, at work), looking for a new inbox (both work and home) etc.

The expectation for the Black Belt series is high! Unfortunately I will not be able to attend, but I hope you will be posting them on Connect as fast as you can afterwards.

Best,
Björn

mavakil

Registered
How does David Do it?

What a brilliant webinar. Every tele-seminar/webinar I hear that David does, I always have such wonderful take-backs. That man is a marvel.

My personal highs of this webinar were:
- learning about Standing Desks
- Getting recommendation of Tony Schwartz latest book
- David Allen's mindmap that he made in 90's coming true.

I had a look in the mindmap on page 245 of Making it all work. In my paperback edition, the picture is quite blurry. Would be great if Kelly/David could post a hi-res image of that and even better if David can walk us through it as to what he meant on the different things that he doodled in that mindmap. I must say David is quite a SketchNote artist. I wouldn't mind peaking into his notes just to see how he takes them down.

Warm wishes from Bangalore,
Arif

kelstarrising;81947 said:
Yes, that's the one!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hello Arif,

Thanks for the kind words. I loved that particular webinar too.

We don't have a high resolution image to share of David's ideal scene mind map, except for what's in the books. The hard cover does have a much better image of it if you can get your hands on that version.

All the best

Kelly

mavakil

Registered
Thanks!

Thanks for the super prompt response Kelly. I actually had two hard-cover copies of MIAW, first edition, but gave them away as gifts to other GTD fans. Anyways, no worries.

Cheers.