Has anyone gone All Digital?

apastuszak

Registered
Candid;107538 said:
Barring any security issues from your office: I use the 1300 scan snap which might be helpful to you since it is small and designed to be portable.

I would scan everything into Evernote, and use folder just like in your file cabinet. If you like you could make the whole 43 folder, tickler file for Evernote. OR you could use: http://www.followupthen.com/

If there are security issues, then you need to have an open and honest talk with your bosses about whether both these things can exist: not having an in office storage space and whatever level of security you have.

I'm sure there are security concerns with using Evernote, but I know at least 2 of our security guys use it, and the Bring Your Own Device survey I did specifically asked how important Evernote access was to me.

I just found out there is a app for Android which will take a picture directly to PDF. That might be worth looking at.

miamijatovic

Registered
Full disclosure: This is my first post on forum and I am developer behind Voogla application I am mentioning and I will have financially benefit from others using this application. Administrator reserves rights to remove this post if it's against the forum rules.

mcogilvie
I use Simplenotes for project support notes.
Suelin23
I use OneNote a lot for keeping track of all my project support and reference info.

You can use www.voogla.com for project support notes.

For going all digital, Evernote is likely the most complete solution at the moment.

bcmyers2112

Registered
Going paperless, full speed ahead...

I'm in the process of going "all digital." Not as hard as it sounds.

Just about all of my lists, project support, and reference materials live in a cloud-based solution called IQTELL. All of my email accounts are integrated into IQTELL, along with Evernote.

I scan just about any hardcopy materials into Evernote using a desktop scanner or my cellphone camera.

I have a Kindle Fire and if a book or periodical is available on that platform I'll default to that.

I was one of those who didn't want to give up the tactile feel of paper. Then I realized: the content is what matters, and it reads the same whatever the medium.