Hooray, I completed my first Weekly Review. It only took....

C

ChrisSweetland

I believe I need some fine tuning of my Weekly Review Process. I literally took a Weekly Review Checklist which included the following items:

Review Waiting For and Needs Action email folders;
Collect loose papers
Process meeting notes and phone call notes;
Review previous calendar data;
Review upcoming calendar data;
Empty your head;
Review action lists;
Review project lists;
Review relevant checklists;

and I started my review at 8:00 am this morning. When it was all said and done, it was 4:36 pm (ouch! :cry: I must admit that I had a client lunch from 11:30am to 1:45pm.

I have exactly 389 items on my "Outcomes List" (doesn't include "Personal Outcomes").

Any ideas?
[/list]

A

Anonymous

Congrats on wading thru the whole review! I found, and a lot of people posting seem to agree, that the first one was a bear. But they get easier and easier the more you keep up with them. (Which I wish I did more regularly).

Now that you've got some momentum, take a moment or two to congratulate yourself. Then start working those lists... :wink:

J

Jason Womack

Re: Hooray, I completed my first Weekly Review. It only took

ChrisSweetland said:
and I started my review at 8:00 am this morning. When it was all said and done, it was 4:36 pm

WOW,

Congratulations on getting this done! Out of curiousity, how many things did you actually get finished during the review? (Phone calls, e-mails, etc?)

C

ChrisSweetland

Good question Jason.

Thank you for the other posts.

Jason, I know where you are going with your question about the number of things I got done during my Weekly Review. I assume you are talking about 2 Minute get them dones?! Other than responding to some emails, I really didn't "do" anything during this time.

I didn't make any telephone calls because my telephone calls always take longer than 2 minutes. I cleared the deck during my weeekly review of all calls by forwarding my phone directly to voice mail (I will be busy making calls on Monday!).

I did send out a host of emails as I cleared out my "Needs Action" and "Waiting For" email folders. If I were to estimate, it was probably 50 emails sent.

I did not act on any other in-box items. I simply processed them through the GTD workflow model.

Unfortunately, I simply get bombarded with papers, emails and voice mails throughout the week so my inbox was cascading with things to process during my weekly review.

I guess I will simply report back on how my next couple of Weekly Reviews go.

Next week will be interesting, because I developed hundereds of N/A items from this review :D . As I process these N/As next week, I will be producing hundereds of additional N/As as some of my projects move forward. Whether I do a better job of moving all of my projects forward due to GTD or have a physical or mental breakdown will be a key indicator of how well GTD is working for me.

Thanks for your input !!!![/quote]