How productive are your meetings?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
The replay of the Productive Meetings webinar is now available in the Media Library and in the members-only podcast.

I've only posted the audio-only version so far with links to a few suggested articles in the Document Library. Hope you get some good nuggets from this one! I cropped it to the point of where the actual webinar content starts.

I am working on editing the video version. There were some audio snafus in the first few minutes (our T1 internet connection at DAC headquarters went out 4 times!) and the audio was not set up correctly to offer a land line connection and VOIP (my fault). Sorry about all that.

And... I'm not loving the Questions box showing in the video version on replay. On the live version some of you seem to like it, but on replay, it's nearly impossible to read. See the last one with David as an example of this Questions box on video replay.

I would like to get your feedback. For those of you who have been on the last few webinars, you know a bug in my GoToWebinar software is showing the Questions box as I present. It normally should not appear. I'm pretty sure a beta version of a streaming video version of GoToMeeting I have installed created this odd bug and uninstalling that will fix this bug. Most of you seem to like it on the live webinars, as it creates more interactivity. But on replay I think it's a bit weird. What do you all say? Keep the Questions box on live webinars (which means it shows up on replays too)? Remove it?

Please know too that the audio quality is our number one concern with webinars (and your #1 complaint about them too!) I don't blame you! :D We've had some challenges balancing the sound and there are many factors that make for inconsistent audio. Land lines seem to be no better (and often worse) than VOIP. But we are working on it!

Thanks!

Kelly

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
In a meeting at work today, I took some of my own advice in yesterday's webinar to switch it up and hopped on a stationary bike that was in the room. I loved it! Such a great way to stay engaged. It's silent too, which works well. Someone else in the meeting thought it was a great idea too and took it over for part of the time. So fun!

Attached files

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Continuing this conversation (with mostly myself!) -- I had an idea for the next one. I am going to just recalibrate the screens so that the Questions box and PowerPoint can better share the webinar screen without covering each other.

I'll try that on the April 19th one to see how that works.

Barb

Registered
Chopped liver?

What am I, chopped liver? :p

On another note, your pic on the bike looks joyful. No other word for it. I'd like to see what happens when something REALLY exciting comes your way!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
No--I always appreciate your input Barb!

I am so excited about the stationary bike. I am going to look into getting one for my home office and rigging up a platform for my laptop.

My legs were actually tired last night and I couldn't remember why until I remembered I biked for 45 minutes in the meeting yesterday!

PaulK

Registered
Kelly, sounds like a good plan to have them sharing the screen. It is helpful to see questions in webinar and would be good to see them (maybe an edited version) on the replay.

I enjoyed my first live webinar and have some ideas to implement for meetings.

larea

Registered
I mostly listen to these in the car so I don't really see the video. I have noticed that many times you talk about sound problems during the webinar but it sounds great to me so I guess that means you fixed it! I did notice I think the meetings webinar left off the opening instructions for participants (all the how to contact support etc.) which I thought was good!

You're doing a great job finding topics and putting on great webinars, Kelly. My goal in life is to avoid meetings but I enjoyed the webinar!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
I mostly listen to these in the car so I don't really see the video. I have noticed that many times you talk about sound problems during the webinar but it sounds great to me so I guess that means you fixed it! I did notice I think the meetings webinar left off the opening instructions for participants (all the how to contact support etc.) which I thought was good!

You're doing a great job finding topics and putting on great webinars, Kelly. My goal in life is to avoid meetings but I enjoyed the webinar!

Thanks! I love bringing webinar topics that I know are what members want. I am always open to suggestions! Sound is so tricky and so dependent on each person's connection at the time. And yes, we continue to work on improving it.

I did chop off the front of the meetings one this time. I'll see about doing that for future audio tracks. I can't do it for the video version, but I'll see if I can do it for audio.