How to use Basecamp for GTD?

T

trishacupra

Hi,

Does anyone here use Basecamp for working in a team for your job? How do you do GTD within this kind of framework? Like, how can you use @actions? How do you juggle a work To Do list with your personal one - which you can't put on Basecamp?

Thanks,

Trisha

remyc88

Registered
^ I don't think Basecamp is set up to optimally use GTD. I tried using it before but once my projects became really big, Basecamp became a bit unwieldy.

Hopefully Basecamp2 can solve some of those issues. If you haven’t already, check out their forums at http://basecamphq.com/forum/

A

Alexandra Samuel

More thoughts on Basecamp workflow for GTD

Our use of Basecamp has been informed by GTD principles, although I couldn't describe us as hardcore GTD-ers. I've documented our internal workflow with Basecamp, including incorporation of some GTD principles and links to other sites that describe the GTD/Basecamp combo. I hope my blog post is helpful: Project management and workflow with Basecamp.

D

dlpasco

trishacupra;31493 said:
Hi,

Does anyone here use Basecamp for working in a team for your job? How do you do GTD within this kind of framework? Like, how can you use @actions? How do you juggle a work To Do list with your personal one - which you can't put on Basecamp?

Thanks,
HTML:

Trisha

Trisha,
We looked seriously at using Basecamp for our company projects and ended up rejecting it because it fails to satisfactorially address these very needs.

If you are interested, you might want to check out Mentat, our own web service. Although it lets you define tasks at the team project level, each team member is able to view their own task todo list. Most importantly, we designed to allow you to mix your personal and private tasks into one list.