If you had an AI version of David Allen, what would you ask?

Ridwan

Registered
How can I be lazy and still be chill and productive like you?

If memory is right, David said in his DO lecture ages ago that he is the laziest guy he knows!

cfoley

Registered
Are you ever tempted to follow a hobby for more than two years?

I think I have heard that David only follows hobbies for two years. This intrigues me because I have lots of interests that I would like to explore but in the past, I have had huge value from exploring things deeply.

TesTeq

Registered
Let's assume that your AI has all of David's experience, and will only serve up highly relevant, high-quality answers. What would you ask?
@John Forrister A bold assumption. AI must hallucinate to be creative! GTD was just a hallucination before it became to be.

I don't know the question but I would love to hear David AI's Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. ;)

mickdodge

Registered
I'm less inclined to ask AI David questions than I would be to have AI David ask me questions to help me to discover and better clarify Horizons 3, 4, and 5. Sometimes we just don't know the right questions to ask ourselves. While generalized questions and guidance help somewhat, it would be nice to share more specific personal details with AI David for "him" to tailor "his" responses specifically for my situation.

I don't know the question but I would love to hear David AI's Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
@TesTeq You better ask quick as it could take AI David 7.5-million years to ponder the question and come up with an answer. ;)

Eric Mack

GTD Connect
I'll begin with two assumptions:
1. AI David has access to all of the components of my GTD system, including HOF, Projects, Actions, Calendar and Reference.
2. My systems are clean and current, to the best of my ability

Then, in light of the above, I would ask AI David:
"What activities should I engage in to create the greatest results in the areas defined in my Horizons of Focus; specifically, are there activities that would create overlapping value across my HOF that may not be readily apparent to me?

Oogiem

Registered
What activities should I engage in to create the greatest results in the areas defined in my Horizons of Focus; specifically, are there activities that would create overlapping value across my HOF that may not be readily apparent to me?
Sounds like a complex SQL query to me...

Eric Mack

GTD Connect
Sounds like a complex SQL query to me...
That's probably my past work on eProductivity showing through. Again, I'm assuming that John's question implied that AI David could see our stuff? Otherwise, I don't see much potential.

gtdstudente

Registered
I'll begin with two assumptions:
1. AI David has access to all of the components of my GTD system, including HOF, Projects, Actions, Calendar and Reference.
2. My systems are clean and current, to the best of my ability

Then, in light of the above, I would ask AI David:
"What activities should I engage in to create the greatest results in the areas defined in my Horizons of Focus; specifically, are there activities that would create overlapping value across my HOF that may not be readily apparent to me?
Eric Mack,

"Horizons of Focus" . . . that very much resonates on this end since "Areas of Focus" includes "Horizons" . . . "Horizons of Focus" very nice

Thank you very much

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
(Of all the people who have graced these forums over the years, @John Forrister simultaneously feels I'm the most infuriating and the most disappointing. Provoking such a reaction has required a lot of hard work on my part.)
I am just learning to be aware of my feelings. I'm a long way from being capable of having two simultaneous feelings, especially two such strong feelings. But I appreciate the vote of confidence in my emotional capacity.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
I'm assuming that John's question implied that AI David could see our stuff?
No, AI David may know nothing specific about your stuff. You could ask a question that might apply to anyone's stuff, like a general knowledge about GTD question, or a question about how to better work with some part of GTD.

TesTeq

Registered
No, AI David may know nothing specific about your stuff. You could ask a question that might apply to anyone's stuff, like a general knowledge about GTD question, or a question about how to better work with some part of GTD.
@John Forrister For me AI without a personal context is useless. I don't want a general advice how a central heating stove operates. I want help with defining the Next Action when water is pouring from it (a real example, today).

Eric Mack

GTD Connect
@John Forrister For me AI without a personal context is useless. I don't want a general advice how a central heating stove operates. I want help with defining the Next Action when water is pouring from it (a real example, today).
I'm with TesTeq on this. The value of an AI David (or much AI) is greatly diminished without personal context. In the case of John's question on what I would ask an AI David, without personal awareness of my stuff how would AI David be much different than MS Bing?

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
For me, particularizing general learning about GTD is part of what David calls the ongoing path of GTD mastery. Someone asks a question about contexts. Their contexts don't match mine, but often the answer has something that I can apply.

Y_Lherieau

GTD Connect
I would request the AI to conduct a thorough analysis of my existing GTD (Getting Things Done) system and identify areas for enhancement. Currently, there seems to be a lack of a fully integrated tool capable of executing all GTD steps seamlessly, beginning within an email inbox. This would involve integrating a decision-making process starting with questions like 'What is this?' and 'Is this actionable?' Depending on the responses, the system would automatically initiate appropriate actions, such as starting a 2-minute timer or tagging items as 'waiting for' when tasks are delegated…

Essentially, my ask is for the AI to develop a comprehensive application, aligned with the principles and framework outlined by David Allen in his GTD app. blue print, which he shared a few years ago during last GTD summit in Amsterdam.

mcogilvie

Registered
I would request the AI to conduct a thorough analysis of my existing GTD (Getting Things Done) system and identify areas for enhancement. Currently, there seems to be a lack of a fully integrated tool capable of executing all GTD steps seamlessly, beginning within an email inbox. This would involve integrating a decision-making process starting with questions like 'What is this?' and 'Is this actionable?' Depending on the responses, the system would automatically initiate appropriate actions, such as starting a 2-minute timer or tagging items as 'waiting for' when tasks are delegated…

Essentially, my ask is for the AI to develop a comprehensive application, aligned with the principles and framework outlined by David Allen in his GTD app. blue print, which he shared a few years ago during last GTD summit in Amsterdam.
I think you would be happier if you found an approach that works well for you on your own. Each Jedi must construct their own lightsaber. :)