In Conversation with Danny Passman

toremor

Registered
Hi!

Every now and then comes a "In Conversation" that really is extra inspiring, and this is one of them!

I listened to In Conversation with Danny Passman today. Daniel Passman is so eager to share his knowledge and passion about GTD that he almost came out of the speakers. Really inspiring!

Hereby recommended!

TesTeq

Registered
I agree.

toremor;76231 said:
Every now and then comes a "In Conversation" that really is extra inspiring, and this is one of them!

I agree! I am a big GTD enthusiast but Danny Passman is a real giant. Very inspiring!

apinaud

Registered
This is one of the best In Conversations in a long time, i love when he said something like this:

I was resistant to organization, I didn't think I was capable of, I didn't have in me the natural born talent to be organized, the idea repulse me; organization repulse me

I love that, because I feel the same in many things, regarding organization for years, and I continue the everyday battle against organization...

Oogiem

Registered
For me the the things that struck me was his quote that his fear was that his creativity only came from chaos and that if you got organized you might lose it.

I wonder how many people believe that only can you create in chaos?

Andrewrdavidson

Registered
Late to the party

I've only just listened to the Danny Passman interview and I agree that it's an inspiring, helpful and interesting interview.

As David said the Danny's connection with both traditionally right and left brain dominated occupations makes his application of GTD particularly interesting.

As a fellow lawyer I can see how much better my practice is when I really apply GTD.

Fabulous interview.

Andrew

jrice

Registered
This is the IN CONVERSATION interview I've been waiting for!!!

The Simpsons guys came *close*, but Danny Passman nailed it! I'm a 34-year-old working in the Solar Industry by day & performing/writing/recording at night (music)... this IN CONVERSATION captures the Corpus Callosum Tension (right-left brain) that I experience more than any other interview-- thanks Danny P.!

Favorite nuggets:

• “If you’re looking at it enough, you don’t have to be thinking about it at all.”
• Someday Maybe List is probably most important-- he made a list a year ago, accomplished 60% of it unconsciously because it just "shows up"
• “Even lawyers know they don’t catch everything, they know stuff Is slipping through the cracks, even though they have an excellent conscious system—it’s like living with an itch—it’s so uncomfortable that when it’s lifted, it’s real LIBERTY.”
• ELEGANT CREATIVE PRODUCTIVITY
• “Your brain can hold 2-3 things at a time, any more you are stressed out"-- if you can rely on your system, you’re sitting pretty
• In the past, when he had a really productive session he would write down:
o What he ate that day
o If he exercised that day
o If he worked as a lawyer that day
o Time of day​
(gonna try this!)

Yup, this one really hit the bullseye for me (if you can't tell!).