IPhone QuickVoice vs Digital Voice Recorder

BillyIdol

Registered
Has anyone used this app on their Iphone? How many steps do you need to go through for you to record a quick voice memo from an off Iphone? How does this compare to a regular digital voice recorder?

I like my digital voice recorder but want it in a phone so I can do one touch voice memos because I get a lot of ideas while driving.

John

Nola123

Registered
I find the QuickVoice to have the fewest steps. It is possible to leave it as the open application without a battery drain on the iPhone. But while for driving, the 'slide to open' is still a pain because it requires looking down at the phone for longer than I feel comfortable with.

I posted about this exact issue a while back. I ended up using a separate Sony voice recorder for driving. With this I can feel the buttons and don't have to look down at all.

This is not ideal, though, because I got an iPhone with the hopes of having just one device for everything.

**But while typing this I have an idea. For while driving, I could set the phone to not go to sleep. This would keep the application awake and on.

sventhebrit

Registered
Hi Billy,
Have you looked at Dial2Do ?
I use whilst driving (with a headset of course). You simply dial the number, say "reminder" and speak. When finsihed, hang up the call and you receive an email in a couple of minutes with a transcript of what you said (and a link to a wav file - just in case you mumbled).
I also use in conjunction with www.toodledo.com and it adds task directly into the tool.
More info is here ... http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/use-your-voice-to-get-things-done-with-dial2do/
For short reminders, this is great.
Regards
Steve

dschaffner

Registered
BillyIdol;64366 said:
I like my digital voice recorder but want it in a phone so I can do one touch voice memos because I get a lot of ideas while driving.

If you have lots of short ideas, I'd recommend that you take a look at Jott.

To make a jott it's just (1) iphone on (2) phone app (3) favorites (4) dial jott.

You can also record directly using the jott iphone app.

- Don

rsailer

Registered
Recall

dschaffner;64381 said:
If you have lots of short ideas, I'd recommend that you take a look at Jott.

To make a jott it's just (1) iphone on (2) phone app (3) favorites (4) dial jott.

You can also record directly using the jott iphone app.

- Don

Recall works well too and still emails you your note for free. Works with any cellphone (or other phone) by you calling a number. There is an iphone app too that uploads your note after you speak it and transcribes and emails it to you...

Randy

sdauer

Registered
Note2Self

I really like Note2Self. It has a simple interface and gives you the ability to email your message to yourself for processing.

Helen S.G.

Registered
iTalk iPhone App

Jott and ReQall have just been brilliant for me for a long time but now use an iPhone app that may answer your original Q about one touch memos while driving.

iTalk is a free iPhone app. Open the app and there's a big red button Press To Record. Press it again to pause, press again to record, etc. etc. Then listen to that one recording and write down each note/thought/idea.

As the other poster said, set Settings/General/Auto-Lock on "never" and the phone won't sleep.

bhudgeons

Registered
Evernote

I use the Evernote app -- voice notes, text notes or photo notes (with text recognition and search -- I snap lots of whiteboards), and the notes sync to a free desktop app.