JOURNAL, looking for software/ideas for keeping one

Luca

Registered
Hi everybody,
I would like to start keeping a journal for noting my everyday experiences/feelings/etc.
Does anyone know about a good PC software for keeping a journal ?
Or if you think I dont need a software to do that please feel free to making your suggestions.
Thanks
Luca

kewms

Registered
Microsoft Word?

In my experience, overly complicated software defeats the whole purpose of a journal. You want the most direct connection possible between your brain and the final result. For me, that means pen and paper. If you want to use software, I would suggest whatever word processing tool you use the most often and are the most comfortable with.

Katherine

Day Owl

Registered
Try using pen or pencil with paper for a week, then your current word processor for a week, and see which feels better and which is more productive of entries that reflect where you are in your life. Either way, remember to start each entry with the date. This will become important as you accumulate journal entries and look back through them.

Just as important as being connected with your materials (manual or digital) -- or even more important -- is being connected with yourself and whatever is going on in your life. Journal keeping will help you enhance that connection, whatever method you use -- and simplest is often best.

There are dozens of books on keeping journals. Some are very good and others are copycats. I'd recommend that you start with one classic and use it for a while before branching out. One of the best, old but still good, is by Kathleen Adams: Journal to the Self.

BigStory

Registered
Journal App for PC

There is a freeware journalling app at www.csoftlab.com It is called CSoft Diary and is encrypted, and fairly flexible. I tried it for awhile but I am not a journalling type of person.

Good Luck,
Gordon

TesTeq

Registered
Windows Notepad is just enough.

kewms said:
Microsoft Word?

In my experience, overly complicated software defeats the whole purpose of a journal.
For journaling Microsoft Word is overly complicated software too. Windows Notepad is just enough in my opinion. It even has an automatic timestamp function - did you know?

Luca

Registered
BigStory said:
There is a freeware journalling app at www.csoftlab.com It is called CSoft Diary and is encrypted, and fairly flexible. I tried it for awhile but I am not a journalling type of person.

Good Luck,
Gordon

Thanks everybody
however the above is the perfect solution for me ... plus is freeware !
Ciao
Luca

B

Bob Burtt

Life Journal

I agree with PDJunieB. Life Journal is fantastic! SO, many useful features. I highly recommend.

Bob :)

tjisolutions

Registered
BigStory said:

Good Luck,
Gordon

This free SW is probably the 2nd best piece of SW that has helped my productivity since My outook / airset combo

I download this app to my thumb drive so wherever I go it is there

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!