List manager for Android?

GTDUser

Registered
This might be a silly question but I'm a noob on Android.

Can someone recommend a list manager for Android which lets me move multiple items at once? I've installed a couple GTD apps but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

For example, I want to select multiple items and tag them with a project or context.

gtdstudente

Registered

Can someone recommend a list manager for Android which lets me move multiple items at once? I've installed a couple GTD apps but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

For example, I want to select multiple items and tag them with a project or context.
Currently using google Docs with Tables as much as Five-Wide and . . . to my amazement . . . is holding up quite nicely . . . just about 'everything' in one place.

Whenever a "Hot List" is required . . . small piece of paper and little tape [more secure/trust-worthy than Post-Its] to tape the "Hot List" to the face of the phone . . . love it!

Last edited:

GTDUser

Registered
Hello @gtdstudente,

I gave it a try and it does indeed work. Any reason why you prefer Google docs over sheet? I could sort and filter using the latter.

So you capture new things on paper first and then add it to digital later?

Murray

Registered

This feature exists on the MS To Do Android app. Select multiple items and move them to another list.

GTDUser

Registered
@Murray thank you for recommending MS To Do. This is working nicely. I'm confused that Google task does not support it. It seems an important feature, maybe they'll add it someday.

gtdstudente

Registered
Hello @gtdstudente,

I gave it a try and it does indeed work. Any reason why you prefer Google docs over sheet? I could sort and filter using the latter.

So you capture new things on paper first and then add it to digital later?
GTDUser,

Sorry for the delay

Google is 1. here for the foreseeable future while other other software's seem to come-&-go . . . 2. already part of Android Phone and reluctant to Add any Additional Apps that could undermine Device Performance and especially the 'many' unknown Creepiness factors/realities . . . one Tech Frenenemy is more than enough . . . distance is the best defense?

Sheet is 'overkill' for List?
Docs simplicity offers more attractiveness than a Sheet and "Tables" offers the additional 'control' sufficiently resembling Sheet ?

[See this developing into removing the need for a separate calendar for more Relaxed Preparation/Execution by 'Attaching Date/Day' to a particular Waking Hour/Time]

As such, Sheets is used when additional Control is necessary --- with five Area-of-Focus Tabs --- as an Online Execution/Reference System with: URL's, User Name, Passwords with Spaces between Characters, etc. for Benign Stuff . . . critical Account Passwords are Offline

Hope that is GTD helpful

TesTeq

Registered
Google is 1. here for the foreseeable future while other other software's seem to come-&-go . . .
@gtdstudente What about Microsoft? It was founded in 1975, when Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin were both… 3 years old. And Microsoft's business model seems to be more robust in the long run since it's based on product value, not advertisements. And there's a big graveyard of products killed by Google.

gtdstudente

Registered
@gtdstudente What about Microsoft? It was founded in 1975, when Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin were both… 3 years old. And Microsoft's business model seems to be more robust in the long run since it's based on product value, not advertisements. And there's a big graveyard of products killed by Google.
@TesTec

While wishing them all well . . . for all practical purposes they all seem very creepy: Bezos, Brin, Ellison, Dorsey, Gates, Page, Musk, Zuckerberg, etc.

With all due respect, while having had bailed-out Apple along the way, can comfortably speculate that Mr. Gates also did some product killing along the way?

Last edited:

GTDUser

Registered
Considering all the no. 1 places for the foreseeable future we're running out of companies to occupy this position I suppose. It certainly adds a lot of trust if you're +10 years in the business considering all the new apps that appear and go every day.

Regarding word and sheet documents, you can use them with lots of tools. Google and Microsoft are only two examples.

gtdstudente

Registered
Considering all the no. 1 places for the foreseeable future we're running out of companies to occupy this position I suppose. It certainly adds a lot of trust if you're +10 years in the business considering all the new apps that appear and go every day.

Regarding word and sheet documents, you can use them with lots of tools. Google and Microsoft are only two examples.
Thought Libre has much merit the 'problem' was was unable to have it auto-save and arduous work effort would disappear

Also researching "Fidsafe" offered / owned / supported by Fidelity who has an annual multi-billion dollar IT budget to determine whether their "Fidsafe" it is here to stay?

Last edited:

Oogiem

Registered
Thought Libre has much merit the 'problem' was was unable to have it auto-save and arduous work effort would disappear
I've used LibreOffice as an Office and Google replacement for over 20 years. It always asks if you want to save changes to a document when you quit or close it. That's IMO better than autosave because I can decide at the end if what I changed is worth keeping. It's not uncomon for me to rever to the oder document so I like the separation of writing/using vs saving.

gtdstudente

Registered
I've used LibreOffice as an Office and Google replacement for over 20 years. It always asks if you want to save changes to a document when you quit or close it. That's IMO better than autosave because I can decide at the end if what I changed is worth keeping. It's not uncomon for me to rever to the oder document so I like the separation of writing/using vs saving.
Oogiem,

Thank you

As such do you save to the cloud as well as to hard-drive . . . if both, can that be done n one step?

Thank you very much

Oogiem

Registered
As such do you save to the cloud as well as to hard-drive
No, I do not use cloud services as a rule.

I save to a hard drive, my hard drives are backed up hourly via Time Machine, nightly by an automatic BU task, then I also keep weekly and monthly backups that rotate among 3 physical places and also a set on our internal server.