Mac Software that works with GTD

nondual

Registered
I use VoodooPad. Honestly, it's perfect for this and they have a few scripts written to help the process along.

VoodooPad's tagline is 'you put your brain in it'. It's like your own personal wikipedia that you can build with pages that can link to other pages. I also use Leopard's 'Spaces' to clear my desktop when using VoodooPad.

M

miriamNZ

How do you connect iCal and Google Calendars?

mcogilvie;55422 said:
For calendar, I am using iCal, but also routing my calendars through google calendar.

Cheers
Miriam

jrandall39

Registered
CSGiles;55227 said:
As most GTD software involves somehow integrating and linking Tasks on the Context Lists with Projects, simply doing this using Leopard creates that identical functionality with no additional software.

This is great! Many thanks. I've just switched to this from OmniFocus. Really like only activating an action step (i.e. turning it into a task) when it's the next action. OminiFoucs does this automatically, but I'm willing to give that up to gain simplicity.

Also, I group projects by client, so I've created a separate Mailbox (folder) for each client under ON MY MAC. In these folders I keep only projects - no mail.

Thanks again,
Jon

michaela

Registered
New to forum and using GTD with Mac

Hi I'm new here to the forum but I was thrilled to find it. I just discovered the GTD system through listening to the audio tapes and I am so impressed. In terms of using it with a mac, I can tell you that I have been using it very successfully with I CAL the calendar program on the mac os X
I have seen a huge change in both my attitude and productivity in less then a week implementing this system in conjunction with ical.

mcogilvie

Registered
miriamNZ;55650 said:
Cheers
Miriam
There are several ways to do it. At the level of displaying a gcal/ical calendar in ical/gcal, the basic idea is that either can calendar can export or import a calendar feed that the other can read. Try the gcal help for more info. There are products that aim to do a 2-way sync, but I have no direct experience with them.