My simple-offline-free Iphone Gtd setup

akyber

Registered
Probabily I didn't invent nothing new and someone is already using this simple setup... anyway...
Sorry if I'm not very clear but I am italian and my english is not so good..

With my Iphone 3G I wanted something:
- free
- fast
- usable off line
- syncronizable with Outlook
- portable (because I like to change my Iphone, Blackberry and Nokia weekly)

That's why my Gtd system must be syncronized in a easy way with Outlook (or whatever you want if you don't use Outlook..)

About the Iphone calendar I don't speak because it can be syncronized in a easy way.. so no problem about the hard landscape.
Let's speak about the Next Actions List:
I've noticed that if with my finger I "scroll" from the very right to the left of the screen of the Iphone contact application, and I do this at the bottom right corner of the screen, the Iphone bring me directly to the end of the contact list. Super fast..

At the end of the contact list, I have prepared this contacts:
1 @ next action
2 @ waiting for
3 - Someday May be
... and so on

Obviously if you tap with your finger on it, the note field is opened in a fraction of seconds and it is already editable.
So in this note field you can write your list according to the context you need.

And in 3 step you can access or edit your next action list on your Iphone. Obviously when you sync with your desktop Outlook everything is perfect.

Now how I deal with the Project:
I have usually all my projects in the calendar as normal event because are tickeled (It means the most Projects I have are recurring and so every year or month or quarter must be re-activated). These projects are written in this way on the calendar, for example:

P Pay Tax
P Buy Tires for my Car

Then on the note field of the calendar event of that project, I write all my project support, what I've done in the lasts years, and so on..

When arrive the time to activate (or make a new Project), I put this Project on Sunday at midnight and I tell to my phone to repeat it weekly.
So what happen? Practically I have all my projects written as a list and all together on all the Sunday's in my phone calendar. Very easy when I make the weekly review because with a couple of finger-tap on my Iphone I have all the project in a comfortable list..

I think i have finished. So I deal with Projects and my Hard Landscape with Iphone Calendar native application, and I deal with Next Actions Lists with Iphone Contact native application.
I consider it easy, simple, fast and free of cost..

I hope someone of you criticize my Iphone gtd setup...

Ciao Ciao..

Filippo