MyLifeOrganized

sbolton

Registered
I am struggling to find software that I can use to implement GTD. I have a Windows computer. I would use paper but my handwriting is awful.

I ran across MyLifeOrganized yesterday. I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts about it. In particular I do not want something that will take years to learn.

Thanks

SB

nick_ross

Registered
I keep coming back to it

I've been using MLO for a few years.

Over that time, when Gadget Lust takes hold, I have looked at various other software packages, but have always come back to MLO.

I've found nothing more flexible - you can set it up however you like. For me, the use of Contexts, Due Dates and ability to have multiple levelled subtasks are critical.

Can't recommend the package strongly enough :)

NewbGTD

Registered
My goal was and is to implement GTD fully, but to simplify it as much as I could, because like you, I didn’t want something that would take years to learn.

My system looks like this

Pod-Mod (for capturing, daily MITs, errands list, calls list)
Mobile (strickly for incoming/outgoing calls, tickers/reminders)
Google Calendar (appointments)
Google Mail (dah!)
Google Docs (for any project details)
SimpleGTD (projects, contexts, next actions)

Game over :p

sbolton

Registered
My previous reply was sent by some sort of fluke, before I was done with it, thus making me look dumber than I am.

What do you carry around with you to implement all of these things (google docs, etc)? Anything?

Thanks

SB

jimboling

Registered
Pocket Mod

Pocket Mod is really brilliant. I used the website v2 version for a few months and have finally created a Word format (or actually copied one done by someone else and did my own customization).

By doing my own I have control over font size which becomes important; the down side is losing the time-oriented features of the web site, like "this week's calendar", "next week's calendar", etc. Tried to recreate that in Word but couldn't come up with anything that wouldn't have been prohibitively high-maintenance.

Now I paste in my week's schedule from Lotus Notes, my work assignments (we do resource scheduling using custom Notes app), and just have the other pages set up with checklist lines (bulleted blank lines similar to those in pocket mod v2).

It certainly doesn't *replace* mobile digital devices, but it is the next best thing to a good old PalmOS running graffiti version 1. The handwriting recognition is excellent :mrgreen:

matsuru

Registered
MyLifeOrganised has a 45 days full feature trial (desktop and handheld version) which syncs to each other perfectly. just try it out yourself. :)

NO, i am not a seller. Just a happy user. i still got about 10 days trial left before i purchase this software :)

nick_ross

Registered
HTC Advantage 7510

... although I must admit, I don't use MLO on it as it's a little slow and I don't find it easy to use.

That's probably the one shortcoming at the moment - although an iPhone version is in the works, which will make my lists a little more mobile.

matsuru

Registered
opps! didnt notice your questions until now.

I am using a windows mobile PDA. it's a HP ipaq 210.

Might want to jump ship to Windows Phone. Eyeing on HTC HD2 now. :D