New episode in Slice of GTD Life

Barb

Registered
Profile..

Forced me to actually PUT something on my profile!

The interview was tons of fun, Kelly. Thanks for asking me.

ChristinaSkaskiw

Registered
Enjoyed Barb's Slice of GTD Life

Hi,

Just got around to listening to the Slice of GTD Life with Barb, and I just wanted to say I enjoyed it! Barb, you seem to have a rather dry sense of humor :) I agree with you that the value is in learning GTD properly and not get lost in system implementations. I grew up (GTD wise) on a paper system and it was pretty clear from day one. Perhaps people that get started with something like Outlook get confused and wonder whether they are doing it correctly, whereas with paper it's just... well, paper!

All the best,
Christina

Barb

Registered
Thanks!

Thanks, Christina, for the comments and for listening. I was VERY nervous and that's probably why I was making jokes.

Since I recorded that, my hard drive crashed on my computer. Fortunately, the very last thing I did before the crash was back up Outlook. I bought a new computer (needed to upgrade anyway) and I've been reeling ever since. I've got the GTD Outlook Add-in installed (just came out) and the install has been glitchy. Now I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about going to paper forever.

I'm giving myself until tomorrow to try to stabilize and then yelling for private coaching! It's funny how your world can get turned upside down just by a stupid computer problem, isn't it?

ChristinaSkaskiw

Registered
Barb;81378 said:
Thanks, Christina, for the comments and for listening. I was VERY nervous and that's probably why I was making jokes.

You sounded cool as a cucumber :cool:

Barb;81378 said:
Since I recorded that, my hard drive crashed on my computer. Fortunately, the very last thing I did before the crash was back up Outlook. I bought a new computer (needed to upgrade anyway) and I've been reeling ever since. I've got the GTD Outlook Add-in installed (just came out) and the install has been glitchy. Now I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about going to paper forever.

I'm giving myself until tomorrow to try to stabilize and then yelling for private coaching! It's funny how your world can get turned upside down just by a stupid computer problem, isn't it?

Yes, you just want things to work. It's hard enough as it is. I wish you a smoother computer experience from now on.