New gear coming to the store soon

I

iandstanley

In the latest issue of the journal David lists his personal toolkit

Of the many items listed we all probably have a common subset. However, David lists a number of new items that he will be bringing to the store soon:

• Davidco branded In-baskets
  • Fedon tray
  • Fedon holder
  • Two minute sand timer prototype
  • Davidco branded 43 folders

To start the ball of I'd like to ask the GTD staff ... are the 43 folders made of the same material as the travelling folders?

I'd like to consider this thread to become two things:
  1. A petition to pursuade the GTD staff to show us a preview of the items
  2. and a open question ..... if you were in charge of the GTD Store catalogue what items would you invent or source to add to the store?

Petition Signed

I think it would be very valuable to DavidCo to get the input of the group. Show us the stuff.

When will the new gear be available???

garthk

Registered
Sizes for the international market

I'd still love folders designed for A4 -- both the travelling in-trays, and also the 43 folders.

I'd also love to hear more about the 2min timer.

Liz Harward

Registered
Product questions

iandstanley;49401 said:
In the latest issue of the journal David lists his personal toolkit

Of the many items listed we all probably have a common subset. However, David lists a number of new items that he will be bringing to the store soon:

• Davidco branded In-baskets
  • Fedon tray
  • Fedon holder
  • Two minute sand timer prototype
  • Davidco branded 43 folders

To start the ball of I'd like to ask the GTD staff ... are the 43 folders made of the same material as the travelling folders?

I'd like to consider this thread to become two things:
  1. A petition to pursuade the GTD staff to show us a preview of the items
  2. and a open question ..... if you were in charge of the GTD Store catalogue what items would you invent or source to add to the store?

Hi,

I thought I would give you a short update.

Our main focus this year in the GTD products department is GTD Live! David's two day seminar. The Audio will be released first, NO promises on when that will be finished. BUT...We are close. Producing product that supports all the folks delving deeper into GTD is always our goal. As long as it is high quality, has lasting value and has the word "cool" attached somewhere we can get that for folks!

To answer your questions, yes, the GTD tickler file will be of the same material as the GTD file folders, but a nice blue with black trim. We are now WF them, due to arrive late July or early August. We are also adding project folders to the line, (a set of 18 plastic folders- two of each color, 18 all together) as well as a Tri-fold Notetaker wallet and some other goodies.
The sand timer has been cancelled- the quality was horrible so we cancelled the order. Not much use (as you can imagine! ) having a two-minute sand timer that was errr....not two minutes. We canned it.

Tickler and GTD Project Folders have been ordered and Connect folks will likely hear about them first when they arrive. I am asking the IT team about posting some photos of the Fedon Items-they are really beautiful, we now have final samples we may be able to do that, not sure how helpful it will be for folks? OR if I can talk IT ha! into another project (understandable).

Look for more cool gear as we grow, new pens, (Waterman as well as a few others so folks have a choice) ohh, and tee-shirts will be out in 3 weeks. I don't want to spoil the surprise but I can say they are the softest organic tee I have ever found!

Do check out the new bundles in our store, I just posted them yesterday. I know most of you loan out your book and if you need another copy, I posted a summer special of the book and templates, and book, templates and file folders. They are on the products page under "books" and also under "learning tools and whitepapers" (where the template lives). Connect members will get the additional 10% on top of the bundle price so it is a great summer special. I know Carla is changing the current Connect special soon so these bundles will be up on the main site, Connect folks will have their own specials.

I hope this answers your question, I LOVE to hear from folks, you can email directly any time if you have suggestions for product.
Liz Harward
liz@davidco.com
and the Products team at DavidAllen

Barb

Registered
What's the current status?

It's been a few weeks since we've heard any more about this. Davidco: an update please??

Liz_Harward

Registered
Product update

Hi Barb,

I don't have too much news, the Italians are on holiday and our Fedon items have been delayed until they return at the end of August, I was hoping they would ship last week but it didn't happen.

We do have an exciting new CD set coming up on the "Weekly review"- it is in the final packaging stage so likely will hit at the end of the month but no guarantees. New tee-shirts (beautiful organic cotton) are in the store, we sent an email out yesterday with a few other announcements. We don't like to spam folks but you can choose the option of getting updates from us on your store account in our on-line store. We send out announcements every six weeks or so. I am happy to set you up to receive those if you wish. You can email me directly.

The other products:

Plastic project folders shipping by Aug 15, also hitting the store at the end of Aug. as well as the tickler. They were delayed as artwork needed to be tweaked.

The Tri-fold Notetaker wallet is shipping soon - Aug 7 to be exact and due to arrive Aug 20, a small delay on those.

A new PDA/pen for those tappers out there is arriving this week, I should have those in the store very soon once pictures are taken.

I would love feedback anytime if folks want to see something new in the store. I am looking into Euorpean sizing for the folders (and wallets too) as well as a set that is closed on three sides as we have had many requests for those. The tee-shirts were up last week and our first one sold to a gentleman in Finland! I know we need to be offering more selection for our friends in Europe.

Let me know if this answers your question!

Barb

Registered
Thanks

Thanks for the update, Liz. The CD set sounds great...I'm not a t-shirt kind of person myself, but am sure others will like them. And, I hate to admit (I KNOW I'm not alone on this!!) but I have no idea what "Fedon" is...so that will be interesting. At least now I know Fedon comes from Italy...where apparently Fedons run wild during the summer?????

Liz_Harward

Registered
Fedon Office Line

Barb;50790 said:
Thanks for the update, Liz. The CD set sounds great...I'm not a t-shirt kind of person myself, but am sure others will like them. And, I hate to admit (I KNOW I'm not alone on this!!) but I have no idea what "Fedon" is...so that will be interesting. At least now I know Fedon comes from Italy...where apparently Fedons run wild during the summer?????

Ha!Ha! Okay- I should have explained a bit more here. Fedon is an Italian company that makes beautiful leather desk accessories. We are getting a custom In-tray, a file stand, and three more items from this company. (Yes, in larger quantities!) It is a line we have been developing for over a year now so we are excited to have the items in production. I'll keep folks posted when they hit the store.

Liz_Harward

Registered
Summer in Italy

apinaud;51352 said:
Any updates Liz?

thanks!

The Italians are not back until the end of August but have assured me that we will have product in September. I will have a few new products before then, the tickler and project folders are due here mid-September, and the tri-fold wallet also due by then. Be sure and look at the "What's Up at DavidCo" area of the web site, here is the link: http://www.davidco.com/whatsup.php
I am giving David updates for that section on a regular basis.
Thanks for asking!

DavidRParker

Registered
UK distributor

Liz

Any chance of setting up a UK distributor for David Allen products so that we can get them quicker and with lower postage costs. Anything over £18 (roughly $36) is liable for import duty (though the rate varies depending on the goods).

David

tabb27

Registered
Whatever became of this?

Liz_Harward;51357 said:
The Italians are not back until the end of August but have assured me that we will have product in September. I will have a few new products before then, the tickler and project folders are due here mid-September, and the tri-fold wallet also due by then. Be sure and look at the "What's Up at DavidCo" area of the web site, here is the link: http://www.davidco.com/whatsup.php
I am giving David updates for that section on a regular basis.
Thanks for asking!

What's the status of any of this stuff?

Liz_Harward

Registered
Whatever became of this?

Hi,

We are waiting for goods to arrive- sometimes it takes as long as it takes.
Luckily our Italian products were shipped before the transit strike in Italy so they are on the boat.

We have had many delays but have also added quite a few products to the site.I did just get word that the unabridged audio version of "Getting Things Done" will be shipped to us on Dec 17, 2007. Crossing fingers here but I am fairly certain that is a firm ship date. We have only had the abridged version so this is great news. David recorded the unabridged in Oct of this year. Simon and Schuster owns the rights to that audio version. It will retail for $39.95. We do have a new products section now on the web site so you can see what is new in the store easily by going to that category first.

Hope this helps!

Liz