New In Conversation with Andreah Churchill

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
David has just completed a new In Conversation interview.

Please join him for a compelling talk with Andreah Churchill. She's a training and development professional in Memphis, an athlete, a technophile, as well a participant in our GTD certified trainer program. Andreah tells a riveting story of her personal GTD journey. She shares examples that vividly demonstrate the importance of a current and complete inventory of commitments.

Andreah blogs about GTD, productivity, and a wide variety of other topics on her site, Frazzled to Fabulous. That's where you can also find links to her social media presence on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Here's a link to the audio, or you can find this in your GTD Connect podcast feed.
https://gettingthingsdone.com/connec...6&trackid=1302

Barb

Registered
Connect Community, please don't miss this recording! This is the BEST interview EVER on Connect! So many lessons for me and so timely right now. I'm anxious to hear what others think...please comment, if you can.

David Parker

GTD Connect
I entirely agree Barb. This is a truly inspiring story of how mastering GTD enabled Andreah to be ready for one of life's biggest challenges.

If you've ever thought that "I'll get round to GTD when I've got more time" then this will show you there's no better time than now as you never know what's round the corner.

Andreah's website at www.fraz2fab.com contains loads of helpful stuff too.

Oogiem

Registered
I listened to it. It was very interesting as a personal journey story.

What I wish there had been more time to do is to explore the details. How did she approach creating an appropriate memorial service, what specifics were involved in the company transition (which I am still unclear about, did it sell or what?) what is her system now and how has that changed? I have gone to her web site but one thing I found frustrating is that there is no date posted for many of the entries. I like tosee the sequence of when things were written and documented as I find that helps me see the progression of the ideas and thoughts.

Since I am going through re-doing our estate planning, our financial planing, our farm planning and a massive life and house clean-up I'm more interested right now in specifics not overall ideas. I want someone to tell me the exact steps they took to handle those sorts of problems because I am getting overwhelmed with possibilities of both what to do and how to do it. I want to hear from people what they did/are doing, the detailed mechanics of the process and what worked and what didn't about that process.

Oogiem

Registered
More on the lines of what Julie shared in her essay that's still on the front page of Connect. She went into specifics and details of how she handled the death of her mother. I'd particularly have liked to known what Andreah meant about locking down social media and what exactly she did as that is an area I hadn't even considered in our estate planning.

CJSullivan

Registered
Yes, the interview could have gone on for three times as long and really burrowed into specifics, and I would have been riveted. I wasn't expecting the story to take the turn it did, and what I found most intriguing was that - as David I think alluded to - a compelling instruction on what it's like to apply GTD to any situation that is uncomfortable, undefined, and/or emotionally-charged, and work all the way from fear to the next doable action step. Masterful use of the methodology, especially for someone who's been a practitioner for a relatively short time. I also liked the emphasis on the fact that you do NOT need to know every step from A to Z on any given project. I don't know how much time I've wasted over the years trying to flesh out all the steps in projects where all I knew were the current state, the desired outcome, and the very next action - because I thought I "had to"!

I haven't had a chance to check out the blog yet, but I definitely will. And, of course, it's got me thinking about what's lurking in my own dark corners of "too scary to think about"...!

Barb

Registered
I wonder if there is a webinar here somewhere---something a bit more broad than estate planning like maybe handling a dark and scary project. Seems there is a level of learning to that we could all benefit from.

CJSullivan

Registered
Barb said:
I wonder if there is a webinar here somewhere---something a bit more broad than estate planning like maybe handling a dark and scary project. Seems there is a level of learning to that we could all benefit from.

Excellent idea!

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Update on this: I'm in conversation with a couple of our coaches on a webinar about handling "dark and scary" projects. So far no one is scared off, and this could end up being a March webinar topic.

Barb

Registered
I think that would be enormously helpful, John. It was something Meg said on a webinar once that got me moving on something scary.

CJSullivan

Registered
The timing is great on this. Hubby & I are finally getting around to doing some long-postponed financial planning, including will, etc. (We're both the babies of our families, and artsits to boot, so we find it easy to postpone these "grown-up" activities!)... It actually feels FANTASTIC - it's easy to underestimate the amount of energy being sucked up by those "shoulds" that even defy the most up-to-date Someday/Maybe list and NAG, NAG, NAG!