New Slice of GTD Life with Siobhan

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
I just posted a podcast I did with your fellow member Siobhan. What a treat. She has such rock solid systems in place (she would have to, to handle the volume she does!) and demonstrates an elegant excellent with GTD. And she has a great way of describing things.

Give a listen here: https://secure.davidco.com/connect/multimedia/audio.php?titleid=551&trackid=1172 (36 minutes)

She's super active here on the forums, so if you have a question I'm sure she'll see it!

Attached files

Barb

Registered
Really enjoyed this!

Great interview!

Siobhan, I love following your posts in the Forum and this interview did not disappoint (of course!) Great job.

SiobhanBR

Registered
Thanks Kelly and Barb

It was so easy to talk to Kelly and honestly it is a nice change to talk about GTD to someone who really (I mean, really!) understands. :D

MJP

Registered
Great job!

Hi Siobhan,

I also just wanted to say that I enjoyed listening to your interview. And nice to hear a Canadian perspective! I am a manager in the federal public service (in policy, not a regulatory body). I am working on GTD but am not to your level yet - but listening to you helped me see what it could be like when I get there!

Thanks again,

MJP

LEAJ4

Registered
This was a very inspiring interview, Siobhan, and I'm doubling my efforts to do a proper Weekly Review. Your idea of doing NO processing during the review (not even 2-minute items) is relevant to me, since my review can turn into hours and hours of way too much processing, and still not be complete.

Thanks for a glimpse at a smooth-running, while realistic, GTD system, even within the complex (and probably crazy-making) public service environment.

I agree with MJP--great to hear the Canadian perspective--I'm in Alberta (two provinces west of Manitoba, for anyone not familiar with Canadian geography). Thanks Kelly and Siobhan.

Leslie

TesTeq

Registered
The Canadian perspective?

LEAJ4;108416 said:
I agree with MJP--great to hear the Canadian perspective--I'm in Alberta (two provinces west of Manitoba, for anyone not familiar with Canadian geography).

While the podcast is in my "To Listen" queue I am very curious how "the Canadian perspective" differs from the US, Polish or Japanese perspective in the GTD context.

MJP

Registered
Good point

:D I think we all just mean "nice to hear a Canadian".:D

Not that we have a different perspective per se, just giving a shout-out.

Although, personally, I did enjoy hearing from someone in a similar job to mine. It makes it more real somehow. (And the fact that it was someone from the Canadian public service, not any other country's public service, just adds to the "reality" for me.)

MJP

S-Tolland

Registered
Just wanted to say a big thank you for Siobhan for a great interview - so many items I could relate to and some great tips too!

I did smile when you mentioned the printer incident, as I have had a similar thing happen during a review, except that I went to the printer to get something and ended up having to spend 10 minutes fixing it with the queue of people waiting for their print jobs getting ever longer! I think I came back from that with a few extra actions to add to the list as well, the "oh Sarah, could you just..." type of requests :D I never leave the office without a pen and notepad...