• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Off the GTwagon, and under it.

madalu;56417 said:
If you want to use multiple electronic devices, then you simply have to discipline yourself and learn how to keep them in sync. I don't mean to be blunt, but if you can't keep your electronic devices in sync, then you shouldn't be using them for GTD. Use paper instead. Or use a single computer and print out daily action lists. Or use a single mobile device.

Yes, exactly!

If your tools are an obstacle, *you've got the wrong tools*. A gleaming package of state-of-the-art electronics is just a paperweight unless it does what you need.

Katherine
 
Keep It Simple

For me keeping it simple has been the key to maintaining any type of real productivity. Now I just use Google calendar and a Moleskine planner
 
I am a busy pastor, an administator for 52 churches in six states, a volunteer firefighter, and a husband, dad, and family member. And I manage it all on paper in an A5 Filofax. You really can combine it all into a paper system and find it works very, very well for you!
 
ubertech - I couldn't agree more that keeping it simple is the key.

My plans to try and get out from under the GTD wagon are:

Home: Simplify.
Google Calendar for appointments, One last go with Palm for Tasks and Memos, although I may keep @Home tasks on a white board. I like that idea.

I have to choose either Palm or Outlook for Contacts. I don't use Outlook for mail (hate it); I don't like Palm's address book either, but I'll be using Palm for Tasks and Memos already. Gmail isn't complete enough for multiple contact addresses and detail fields.

Get a small notebook/moleskin for capturing data. There is still no substitute for a quick note than paper and pencil. The tactile experience is more satisfying too.

Work:
Keep work is separate. Everything in Outlook. When I work from home, I need to VPN in anyway, so I don't need to "take it with me". I will not sync Palm with my Work PC. That's my home system and it will be simpler if I sync with only 1 source.

Thanks for all the input everyone. This is a great thread.
 
Top