OneNote PC and Mac

symowallo

Registered
Hi there,

Just purchased the OneNote/Outlook bundle. Seems OK so far, however I read near the top of the OneNote guide that the Mac version is different enough to warrant its own guide.

Problems:

1. I use OneNote on both Mac and PC, and I synch with OneDrive, so I am actively using both platforms with the same notebooks.

2. There is no OneNote for Mac guide

3. (Probably my fault) if I saw a OneNote for Mac guide I would have bought that and the PC version as a bundle (if it were available!)

Any advice on this - for those who use OneNote on PC and Mac and are running the GTD system through it - are they *really* that different?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Any advice on this - for those who use OneNote on PC and Mac and are running the GTD system through it - are they *really* that different?

Hi there. It's been a while since I've compared the two, but as I recall when my head was in all of this (I wrote the OneNote Guide), there are a few missing features in the Mac version and they look very different. So from a Setup Guide perspective, it would have been really confusing to combine them in one Guide. But some of the core elements are in both, like Pages and Sections, which is most important from a GTD perspective. Here's also a helpful article about some specific differences.

Hope this helps!