outliners and gtd

dcbahr

Registered
Hi. Does anyone use an outliner-style application in their gtd setup? It's hard to find an accessible one, certainly one that works across multiple devices is damned near impossible. Workflowy is not the best at all, but I really like the idea of structured headers and I have used MS Word for outlines before. But I was wondering if anyone else uses the outlining concept for some part of their system. Just curious.

conar

Registered
I use MS OneNote and I usually outline the plan of my biggest projects, especially when different parts can be worked on at the same time.

First, I take time to brainstorm a list of all the things that will need to be done.
Then I organize the resulting list into different 'parent' items and I outline them up to a comfortable 'child' size (sometimes it can go up to a next action step).

I also use different bullets to keep track of what has been completed/canceled vs. what remains to be done.

So I use the outlining concept to plan big/complex projects. It helps me ensuring that I'm moving on all the different parts than can be worked on and that I'm not missing anything.

dcbahr

Registered
Sadly, all of those are pretty inaccessible for screen reader users. Which is weird, seeing as Checkvist has tons of keyboard shortcuts. However, using the Tab key as a modifier is dumb because it's the key that, in any browser, passes from one link to the next. So I've never figured out how one can using tab+o to open some sort of window/menu/whatever. It's not a screen reader specific key, it's just a browser-based key.

I just looked at moo.do and I really can't figure out that page even just as they show examples on the homepage. is it flash-based?

I really want to love todoist, but it's iphone app and windows app are really inaccessible. And, if I could see, I'd love to use a mindmap. For being blind, i'm a surprisingly visual thinker. When I did all my music theory in college, I visualized the keyboard and constructed the SATB chord voicings that way. Same with phone numbers, I just see them in braille. But I digress.

I've been playing with an outliner thingy called Scribble. It's like a wiki with markdown syntax, but i really don't know much about markdown I think the site is www.tryscribble.com but not totally sure.

So far, my most accessible outliner program on windows has been Keynote NF, which hasn't seen a beta release since a few years ago, 2013, I think.

I might try Gtdnext, just for fun. Apologies for the long post, but I do love testing apps for productivity software.

Kap

Registered
Hi and Help! - I'm trying to post a new topic and can't see how to do that at all, so I had to click on an existing topic to write something.
I'm looking for a thread (or to start a thread) on CRMs for Mac (home business and personal). I currently use Daylite 3, but when I eventually get a new computer, I'm not sure if sticking with Daylite is the best option.

edoneal

Registered
For Macs and iOS (iPad and iPhone), I use OmniOutliner. However I must say that it's not my primary GTD tool. My main GTD app is OmniFocus, from the same company. Also available for Mac and iOS. Unfortunately, I don't think either of these great apps are available for PC yet. See https://www.omnigroup.com/omnioutliner