Outlook Add In update

D

dschwab

I've used this new release for a full workday today (this was released late last night), and it's very nice. The new handling of projects is a great improvement that makes the Add-In very easy to use for items that don't necessarily come to your GTD Inbox via email.

jtabbi

Registered
So far so good!

I just downloaded this a few hours ago prior to my weekly review. So far, things look great - the enhancements are nice.

Will advise how it all works out over the next few weeks...

J

nick_ross

Registered
A great improvement

I've only played so far - but the ability to see all project actions (NA's, appointments, journal entries) in one place has already been a godsend.

Highly recommend anyone who's got the add-in should upgrade. And anyone who hasn't got the add-in should buy it!

btw - I don't work for NetCentrics....

B

Bmosbacker

Do I Need to install the non-Vista Ver. 1st then the Vista ver. on a Vista Machine?

I am running Vista and Office 2007 (including Outlook 2007) on a new computer. I do not yet have the Outlook Add-in. Do I install the non-vista version prior to installing the Vista version upgrade? Can I install the non-vista version on a vista machine? Thanks!

Edith

Registered
I've just installed the new version on a machine running Vista and Office
2000. Yes, you need to install the current version and then the up-date. Only been using it for a few days - but it looks good!

L

lsbeller

I have installed the latest "vista ready" update on my Windows XP and Outlook 2007 setup and finally Outlook stops crashing when I close it or reboot my computer.

Thank you Netcentric!

Steve

harward

Registered
Support address for Netcentrics

Hi,

I just want to remind folks that the support address for Netcentrics is

gtdsupport@netcentrics.com - if you need a new link or have a second computer email support and they can assist you. Netcentrics Corporation is the developer of the Outlook add-in. Feel free to contact them directly anytime with questions!

Liz Harward
Products Department
liz.harward@davidco.com

GTDoer

Registered
GTD Outlook Add-in with Vista keeps crashing

I have had this loaded for more than 6 months now. It crashes whenever I send and receive. Does anyone else have this problem?

As a work-around - I logout before I send/receive; then disable the add-in, log back in, send/receive, logout, enable add-in, login. Quite cumbersome, but until recently it has worked.

Recently, when I try to log back in, Outlook won't start at all. I have to restart the computer, then Outlook opens in safe mode.

It looks like I may have to unload the add-in, which I love :(

C

Cluby1

The Outlook Add-In, while containing many features I like, crashes at least twice per week for me. It requires having to disable, then re enable the add-in. It's too useful to not do it, but it's a tad frustrating. I'm also not too happy that when I add tasks in my blackberry, they don't tie in with the add-in at all. It does not categorize them per the add-in and I have to go in and do this when I get back to my desktop. That's blackberry's fault, not the add-in, but frustrating nonetheless. Overall, I'm happy with the add-in's features.

Clark

mooneyjw

Registered
Recurring Projects?

Does anyone know how to handle recurringprojects using the Outlook Add-in? I have a project that contains 15 actions/tasks and I would like to find a way to avoid having to re-enter all the tasks every tiem this project needs to be completed.

Thanks. JWM

WAR

Registered
Wish List

I love the concept of Project Central, but wish it could do the following:

- Under the email tab, to have the ability to "preview". If I'm searching for a particular item in a list of 25 emails, it's cumbersome to open and close each one individually.

- Have the ability to sort the tabs sequence, or set which tab is displayed when opening a project. For me, I would like to open in the "notes" view. "Appointments" are way down in my useage frequency.

It seems like it is always a long, long time between feature additions. I hope it won't be 2011 - 2012 before we might see some further enhancements!

EagerBeaver

Registered
Mobile Device

I am just setting out on my GTD journey. I plan on using Outlook with the netcentrics add on. I need to figure out what mobile device/phone to use.

What is the best device that will sync my outlook GTD particularly the tasks (in GTD categories) with the minimal amount of hassle?

I have no particular loyalty to any device. I am just looking for the easiest to get started with the least add-ons etc

Thanks