Outlook tasks and an Iphone

sbolton

Registered
I have been out of the loop, but I thought I read of a new iPhone app that make it easy to use Outlook 2007, including tasks, with an iPhone. Has anyone heard or about this app? I would really like to be able to sync the tasks. I use outlook with a hosted exchange.

thanks

SB

Barb

Registered
Give it time

Fridays are usually a little slow on the Forums...give it through the weekend ;)

Dean33

Registered
Pocket Informant for Iphone

I've been using PI four months now. Has a great quick inbox input mode. Contexts. Projects. On the face of it not an exact GTD representation but certainly workable and worth trying. It syncs to Outlook on Windows desktop wirelessly. Windows sync is still in beta (free) Tasks are excellent but still odd duplication of appointments. Try it.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
There's quite an active thread about this on GTD Connect. Seems like many are finding imExchange to be a good solution, but I cannot speak personally about how well it works as I haven't tried it. (We're not exchange, so it's not likely I could try it ;)

Barb

Registered
Dangerous stuff

sbolton;78817 said:
Sorry. I had a Redbull for the first time.

SB

That's cute. I drank that stuff one time and thought I was going to come right out of my skin. You'll get answers over the weekend!

rdgeorge

Registered
1) Are you using Outlook 2007 because that is what your company is using?
2) I assume you own an iPhone or you would not be asking this question. is this correct.?

rdgeorge

sbolton

Registered
Right on both. Currious why you ask?

rdgeorge;78824 said:
1) Are you using Outlook 2007 because that is what your company is using?
2) I assume you own an iPhone or you would not be asking this question. is this correct.?

rdgeorge

clango

Registered
Let's read also the title

sbolton;78843 said:
" I've been using PI four months now"

What is PI?

I think he is referring to the title of his post Pocket Informant. Hoping it is useful...

rdgeorge

Registered
sbolton:

I asked because..........

I also have Outlook 2007 at work, in a Windows environment, but I no longer use it for anything other than company e-mail messages.

For all GTD stuff, I now use Omnifocus on an iPad (waiting for the iPad-specific version) which is always synced with an iTouch via the clouds, using Mobileme. You could do the same with an iPad and your existing iPhone.

I am no longer "stuck" with Outlook 2007 for GTD functions. Omnifocus is head and shoulders better for GTD, particularly if you want to alternately view NA's by Context or by Project, or if you want an "In Box" function that works just like the GTD workflow diagram, or if you want to organize projects by categories.

Another option for your consideration.

rdgeorge

bm697

Registered
GTD and IMExchange

Hi
here is what works for me:
1. in outlook I use Netcentrics GTD plugin where the GTD contexts seem to be mapped to categories.
2. on my iphone I use IMEexchange and sort the tasks by category which is the same as looking at a context view.
Limitation is 'no project/subject view'

I agree with other that omnifocus is better and I use that with my personal Macbook and the same iphone.

good luck