"Part one about moving into a 4 bedroom detached house trying to re -implement GTD into my life, get back on the GTD wagon

Dear GTD forum

One of the most important posts I was thinking putting here.

Was a type of review or analysis - of myself moving house.

After I just literally shared a public post elsewhere showing type of property moved into on housing website, which waas called “right moved or something” - (need check that with this post). I CHECKED AND SEE ITS CALLED RIGHT MOVE [SEE CROPED IMAGE BELOW - OF MY EXACT HOUSE, CROPPED - TO REMOVE THE PERSONAL DETAILS OFF WEBSITE]

1705592155932.png

Where gave property description.

I would say that the house is probably two times larger than previous house.
410845243_1439751516920133_6012650452954096571_n.jpg

The room which I use for sleeping , is probably double size of pervious bedroom I had - which I think was 2x3 metres wide.

The new bedroom I have - which where I also have a large wooden desk in for a writing surface is about 5x5 metres wide.

I wanted to upload with this post some pictures I shared else where on facebook (to maybe help people reading this get a perspective/view and I can get feed back

Overall I think this decision of a house move was a positive - but there were actually certain negative thigs which I feel like I need to clear up

Such as that my father literally didn’t take certain objects I owned with me

Such as a door way pull up bar
-previous wooden bed , which is why I temporarily tried sleeping on floor

Type of bed side desk

A type of shelf which had in my room - like a rack for mainly used for keeping bananas to ripen on for my diet, could show a picture- I had this rack which would store maybe up to fifty to forty bananas at a time , like 10-20 bunches, as bananas would be a staple in my diet after I changed my diet to decrease my Aspergers Autism symptoms to heal myself based on natural hygiene diet that our ancestors ate …

What else? Those were main things.

“But also my father destroyed my green star juicer.

And type of metal calisthenic dips bars I use to use in garden of old house.

What were the things I gained from new house?
I could show picture
No photo description available.
- type of writing surface

and different beside table gave me, gave me two book shelves , and ending up transferring me my sisters bed which I am not sure I want.
May be an image of 1 person
May be an image of bedroom

Also the old house owner - left a type of 3 piece metal intray (which reminded me, thought looks very similar shown by david allen, than plastic paper trays.

@ 15 41 WORDS WERE; post this draft as it is and call this part one, title it the topic moving property location

Also "
Plan
Idea worth one previous house pic and writing surface

13 26 scanning all picture make posts with

15:31 call this part one

Include pic"

add in edits when see the crew has interacted with this post @Mrs-Polifax or @John Forrister " start with

Mrs-Polifax

Registered
@TimBourne,

I think it is great that you have moved to a new home with more space, so when you are ready to set up a GTD system, it will be easier for you to do so. Thanks for posting the photos of your new place and of your desk and three-tiered tray. It must feel lovely to have more space!

Best wishes!

Mrs-Polifax

@TimBourne,

I think it is great that you have moved to a new home with more space, so when you are ready to set up a GTD system, it will be easier for you to do so. Thanks for posting the photos of your new place and of your desk and three-tiered tray. It must feel lovely to have more space!

Best wishes!

Mrs-Polifax
ITM

Thanks getting here
Rubberwood TV Table Brown (66cm X 48cm X 37Cm) In Natural (Brown)

One ideas I wrote in above writing - was about TV table - giving the literal image if I could find on my FB (couldn't first try) - so just use google images- to actually show this type of thing which was probably 60 * 30cm wide- that was the literal table desk which I had in my bedroom of previous house - which was the one thing that I would sit and have my laptop on - that is pretty bad right?

In the previous post I wrote above which was badly written because of my symptom of ADD ADHD.

I was thinking also - is it literally showing the image of what my previous house looked like on out side which was probably what like half the total value?

*In the previous post - the second image- is what my bedroom looked liked (having everything packed to go move house 3 hours drive away...)

Yeah I just scanned over my previous post I wrote - and those were two main things I was having ideas about.

@Mrs-Polifax do you also think its worth I edit the post above better?
You were the only one who replied back here.

The reason for myself Tim making this post- was basically I thought if I literally made a post with these type of images- then literally persons on fourm here could possibility give me recommendations on how to improve with the organization of room shown in pictures for example.

Or like with other suggestions with like - which products would be best for myself to next best try to invest in to try to improve myself with implementing GTD -e.g. one of things In my mind which was written - was about filing cabinets for example.

STN and call this part one

maybe also others persons interested such as @bcmyers2112 or @Sa (can't remember)
edit maybe @René Lie or @John Forrister "

Last edited:

Mrs-Polifax

Registered
Hi, @TimBourne,

I want to give you feedback on something you said that seemed important to me. Here it is:
The reason for myself Tim making this post- was basically I thought if I literally made a post with these type of images- then literally persons on fourm here could possibility give me recommendations on how to improve with the organization of room shown in pictures for example.

Or like with other suggestions with like - which products would be best for myself to next best try to invest in to try to improve myself with implementing GTD -e.g. one of things In my mind which was written - was about filing cabinets for example.

I am sorry you haven't had more responses to help you with this. I think a brief, direct approach might be what you need. Would you like to try that? Below is an example that you can post, if you want, to see what happens.

Post Title:
Advice needed about implementing GTD in my new living space

Post Body:
I want to organize my new living space in a way that will help me implement GTD.
I'd like your suggestions. Here are my questions:

1. What products are best for me to buy, so I can start implementing GTD?

2. How can I improve the organization of new my room for GTD purposes?
(My new room is shown in the below photo.)

Enter photo of your new room here:

========================

Now stop and post this new thread, and wait to see what happens.

Hi, @TimBourne,

I want to give you feedback on something you said that seemed important to me. Here it is:

I am sorry you haven't had more responses to help you with this. I think a brief, direct approach might be what you need. Would you like to try that? Below is an example that you can post, if you want, to see what happens.

Post Title:
Advice needed about implementing GTD in my new living space

Post Body:
I want to organize my new living space in a way that will help me implement GTD.
I'd like your suggestions. Here are my questions:

1. What products are best for me to buy, so I can start implementing GTD?

2. How can I improve the organization of new my room for GTD purposes?
(My new room is shown in the below photo.)

Enter photo of your new room here:

========================

Now stop and post this new thread, and wait to see what happens.

ITM over this after saw your reply maybe three days ago.

suggest that make new post in format show above.

Where you literally give a exact template.

Yeah I agree with the idea, could give 4 pictures of room to make 360 degree view and use simplicity instead of crammed/cluttered writing style above. *

was having thought maybe first need make post about topic of my note taking - (e.g. post its use two types in my life, clutter and calendar e.g. my calendar on wall is small/messy, problem I have is not staying with eligible writing which maybe doesn't help when trying go over dates, being able signify information.) had the thought of showing literal image of e.g. posits cluttered on desk hard to read?

*point came to mind that I am probably not using the GTD proper calendar system- can't remember what written now, but more like traditional style calendar

Had thought - but maybe should also keep this post here as well ...

* I should definitely give this a try and focus on a consistent posting schedule here on the fourm?'

This - I can how a print screen off error message I get given when I go to upload new mp4 of room posted on Facebook today 35 seconds long (in a draft of a thread I just created with your template above) I was thinking should I just attach it as an hyper link instead of video like shown above?
1706260142955.png
Had thought maybe a person who works for GTD e.g. @John Forrister could help with this or @René Lie maybe? "s

second edit update: I actually figure out right afterwards, with second attempt how to properly do it in new thread made

[https://forum.gettingthingsdone.com...ersion-2-0-as-suggested-by-mrs-polifax.18288/]

The button "media" to insert hyper link video upload doesn't seem to work if I copy and paste directly from hyper link in browser - but it does work if I get a type of "link" with a button from options of facebook - ..."

Last edited:

Mrs-Polifax

Registered
Hi, @TimBourne!

Congratulations on figuring out the video upload. That's very smart of you! A consistent posting schedule here on the forum seems to me like a personal choice, so I think that's up to you. However, I have suggestions, so you have a better experience here on the GTD Forum:

Personal Journal
Keep your personal journal in your own computer or analog notebook, not on the GTD Forum. You seem to be good at computers, so you can probably find a journal or notes program you like that accepts both text and photos, or you can ask the GTD community for suggestions. Putting one's personal journal online can create a performance mentality, undermine one's authenticity, and instill an increasingly anxious sense of not being one's true self. Keep your personal journal private to protect your well-being and to be free to express yourself as you truly are in the privacy of your journal.

GTD Forum
Before you post on the GTD Forum, decide what you want from the GTD community as the outcome of your post. Then state clearly in each post what you want. Write brief, clear sentences, so people understand your meaning. To avoid confusion, stick to the subject that you are posting about. Include no more than one photo or video in each post.

Post only these things on the GTD Forum: (1) Things you are learning about GTD, or (2) Things you would like help with that involve GTD, or (3) Things you want to share with the GTD community about anything of interest, which belong in the "fun, social, or noteworthy news" posting area.

This may not be easy for you, since your brain needs help and healing after being injured, but you are very smart, and this will be good practice in retraining your brain and helping your brain to heal.

SuperBetter
I thought of you when I was visiting SuperBetter recently. SuperBetter is a game you can play in real time about your real life. The game designer created SuperBetter to help herself heal from a serious concussion, so, like you, she needed to heal her brain (and she did heal it): https://www.ted.com/talks/jane_mcgonigal_the_game_that_can_give_you_10_extra_years_of_life

The purpose of the SuperBetter game is to help SuperBetter players increase their resiliance physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially, so they can cope more resourcefully with real life and even with traumatic events. I believe this web site would be a wonderful adjunct for you to use while you are healing your brain. You can play the SuperBetter game at the Player level for free. https://superbetter.com

Neuroplasticity
This is a fascinating subject that involves the brain's ability to grow and change, and how our lifestyle can actually change our brain. Looking into this subject might be of help to you on your healing journey.

Disclaimer
SuperBetter and Neuroplasticity are not specifically about GTD, but I think they may be helpful to you as you continue your GTD Journey.

Best wishes!

Mrs-Polifax

Hi, @TimBourne!

Congratulations on figuring out the video upload. That's very smart of you! A consistent posting schedule here on the forum seems to me like a personal choice, so I think that's up to you. However, I have suggestions, so you have a better experience here on the GTD Forum:

Personal Journal
Keep your personal journal in your own computer or analog notebook, not on the GTD Forum. You seem to be good at computers, so you can probably find a journal or notes program you like that accepts both text and photos, or you can ask the GTD community for suggestions. Putting one's personal journal online can create a performance mentality, undermine one's authenticity, and instill an increasingly anxious sense of not being one's true self. Keep your personal journal private to protect your well-being and to be free to express yourself as you truly are in the privacy of your journal.

GTD Forum
Before you post on the GTD Forum, decide what you want from the GTD community as the outcome of your post. Then state clearly in each post what you want. Write brief, clear sentences, so people understand your meaning. To avoid confusion, stick to the subject that you are posting about. Include no more than one photo or video in each post.

Post only these things on the GTD Forum: (1) Things you are learning about GTD, or (2) Things you would like help with that involve GTD, or (3) Things you want to share with the GTD community about anything of interest, which belong in the "fun, social, or noteworthy news" posting area.

This may not be easy for you, since your brain needs help and healing after being injured, but you are very smart, and this will be good practice in retraining your brain and helping your brain to heal.

SuperBetter
I thought of you when I was visiting SuperBetter recently. SuperBetter is a game you can play in real time about your real life. The game designer created SuperBetter to help herself heal from a serious concussion, so, like you, she needed to heal her brain (and she did heal it): https://www.ted.com/talks/jane_mcgonigal_the_game_that_can_give_you_10_extra_years_of_life

The purpose of the SuperBetter game is to help SuperBetter players increase their resiliance physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially, so they can cope more resourcefully with real life and even with traumatic events. I believe this web site would be a wonderful adjunct for you to use while you are healing your brain. You can play the SuperBetter game at the Player level for free. https://superbetter.com

Neuroplasticity
This is a fascinating subject that involves the brain's ability to grow and change, and how our lifestyle can actually change our brain. Looking into this subject might be of help to you on your healing journey.

Disclaimer
SuperBetter and Neuroplasticity are not specifically about GTD, but I think they may be helpful to you as you continue your GTD Journey.

Best wishes!

Mrs-Polifax

ITM

You wrote quite in depth here.

Yeah persons with Autism have been proven to have different brain plasticity then non-autistic people. I have never herd of super better before, don't really know what it is or person Jane you share ted talk link above -just clicked open linked shared, hyperlinks and not really sure have time to be able analyse all the information on pages right now, should come back to it.

Yeah I agree I should try to format my writing more clearly here on fourm.

I- one of habits I've had for long while is keeping type of journal at end of day, just going over simple things that - like 2-6 main points that maybe stand out... right now have been using one note, but before used type written journal.

maybe you are too kind to be writing words "smart " above with myself "S

Mrs-Polifax

Registered
You wrote quite in depth here.
Yes, I did. Thanks for acknowledging this. I wanted so much to help. I think others do, too.

Yeah I agree I should try to format my writing more clearly here on fourm.
I think the people here would really like to help you with GTD, if they possibly can.
I think they first need to clearly understand what kind of help you need from them.

Changing ingrained habits could take time and attention for anyone.
That's okay. Just take the next tiny step, and you will make progress.

Notice that your two sentences quoted above are clear and brief.
You can do this.
You did it.

Yes, I did. Thanks for acknowledging this. I wanted so much to help. I think others do, too.

I think the people here would really like to help you with GTD, if they possibly can.
I think they first need to clearly understand what kind of help you need from them.

Changing ingrained habits could take time and attention for anyone.
That's okay. Just take the next tiny step, and you will make progress.

Notice that your two sentences quoted above are clear and brief.
You can do this.
You did it.
Thanks" Or are you not being realistic towards myself?

gtdstudente

Registered
Thanks" Or are you not being realistic towards myself?
Mr. TimBourne,

Agree with Mrs. Polifax, who makes good supportive GTD sense

Like GTD, many new worthwhile combination habits requires patience and perseverance . . . for everyone seeking improvement through change . . . especially patience with oneself

As you see your GTD fit and allow it to change whenever it can be better . . . its 'all' part of the GTD journey?

In the hope of saving you and others some time-&-effort, the following is an imperfect understanding of practicing GTD:

1. C A P T U R E [Writing with Pen/Paper without 'instrument friction' or thinking about the writing while writing is preferred on this end]

2. P R O C E S S
(As a whole, perhaps one can say that GTD is an 'Extrinsic Methodological Process System' for Full-Things be Full and Empty Things be Empty?)

Thus, a possible GTD Practice from the above superficial perspective:
Thought(s) Emptied from Memory > Thoughts Fully Written on Paper stored in trusted ubiquitous place like a 'Wallet' when moving about
Empty 'Wallet' of Written Thoughts to an Empty as much as possible Inbox
Empty currently 'Filled' Inbox by Filling Project(s) List(s), Calendar List(s), Context List(s), Reference(s), etc.]
Above makes Calendar List(s) and Context List(s) as emptying Predefined Doing List(s) is what makes emptying Project(s) List(s) GTD possible

3. O R G A N I Z E [Finding without thinking is a favorite Organize success on this end]

4. R E F L E C T [In addition to Weekly Review; 'Review' as much as necessary Project(s) List(s), Calendar List(s), Context List(s), etc.]

5. E N A G A G E [Appropriately as possible without Excess-or-Defect . . . Smaller Uncertain Engagements facilitate Prompt Mistake Recovery?]
Pre-Defined and ad Hoc 'Work': Do what you can, while you can, when you can, for as long as you can

All GTD disagreements most GTD welcomed

As the GTD journey demands, the above is not cast in stone and therefore subject to further subjective to GTD editing Thank you very much

As you see GTD fit

Mr. TimBourne,

Agree with Mrs. Polifax, who makes good supportive GTD sense

Like GTD, many new worthwhile combination habits requires patience and perseverance . . . for everyone seeking improvement through change . . . especially patience with oneself

As you see your GTD fit and allow it to change whenever it can be better . . . its 'all' part of the GTD journey?

In the hope of saving you and others some time-&-effort, the following is an imperfect understanding of practicing GTD:

1. C A P T U R E [Writing with Pen/Paper without 'instrument friction' or thinking about the writing while writing is preferred on this end]

2. P R O C E S S
(As a whole, perhaps one can say that GTD is an 'Extrinsic Methodological Process System' for Full-Things be Full and Empty Things be Empty?)

Thus, a possible GTD Practice from the above superficial perspective:
Thought(s) Emptied from Memory > Thoughts Fully Written on Paper stored in trusted ubiquitous place like a 'Wallet' when moving about
Empty 'Wallet' of Written Thoughts to an Empty as much as possible Inbox
Empty currently 'Filled' Inbox by Filling Project(s) List(s), Calendar List(s), Context List(s), Reference(s), etc.]
Above makes Calendar List(s) and Context List(s) as emptying Predefined Doing List(s) is what makes emptying Project(s) List(s) GTD possible

3. O R G A N I Z E [Finding without thinking is a favorite Organize success on this end]

4. R E F L E C T [In addition to Weekly Review; 'Review' as much as necessary Project(s) List(s), Calendar List(s), Context List(s), etc.]

5. E N A G A G E [Appropriately as possible without Excess-or-Defect . . . Smaller Uncertain Engagements facilitate Prompt Mistake Recovery?]
Pre-Defined and ad Hoc 'Work': Do what you can, while you can, when you can, for as long as you can

All GTD disagreements most GTD welcomed

As the GTD journey demands, the above is not cast in stone and therefore subject to further subjective to GTD editing Thank you very much

As you see GTD fit

Thanks GTDstudente for this super condensed summary of practicing GTD.

I wonder if you wrote that in the moment with characters used such as > [ and ( keys - thought to myself , made me think of topic of coding/lists learning to code or practicing coding with software such as python (do you write on this fourm like this to other users also? (I should check your profile posts).

I was thinking to myself should I also - just copy this summary written here points 1-7, paste it on word sheet doc and print it, then glue, stick it to the other side of a type of sheet which a previous forums user told me to print and leave/put in my in-tray first layer underneath all other papers (can't remember that users name, I should go back and search for it if you reply here)" STN HOW,

gtdstudente

Registered
Thanks GTDstudente for this super condensed summary of practicing GTD.

I wonder if you wrote that in the moment with characters used such as > [ and ( keys - thought to myself , made me think of topic of coding/lists learning to code or practicing coding with software such as python (do you write on this fourm like this to other users also? (I should check your profile posts).

I was thinking to myself should I also - just copy this summary written here points 1-7, paste it on word sheet doc and print it, then glue, stick it to the other side of a type of sheet which a previous forums user told me to print and leave/put in my in-tray first layer underneath all other papers (can't remember that users name, I should go back and search for it if you reply here)" STN HOW,
Mr. TimBourne,

Everything written is 99% from GTD and expressed into an: Empty . . . Fill . . . Empty . . . Fill . . . rhythmic pattern to slow down the mind, for more easily focusing* (2nd edition, pg. 69) at the Context(s) level, minimize 'think wandering', etc. and to just simply get prior commitments done as Emptied or Filled Outcomes

Especially helpful when in Filling Next Action(s) mode as in Doing Predefined Work (2nd edition, pgs. 53/54 and pgs. 210-to-215) for Emptying Context(s) List(s): Calendar List(s) and Next Action(s) List(s), aka: Commitments, Personal Inventory, On the Docket to Do, etc.

*Throughout GTD, "Focusing" seems to be mostly for Project Outcome thinking, which is very good for keeping one on track throughout the multiple Next Actions required for a desired Project Outcome since "you can't do a project" and only the Next Actions required to complete the Projects' desired Outcomes.

Meanwhile, with all due respect, even most Next Actions are unable to be literally being done in one Action
Rather, most Next Actions are done in consecutive micro-series of Next Actions, as GTD Next Actions expresses "What 'doing' looks like" (2nd edition, Appendix, pg. 306) and would humbly suggests that the subtle difference between Next Actions and one Action(s) might have sufficient imbedded friction for some to have Next Actions items List(s) on a the Next Action List(s) linger much longer than desired only to be further fooled in false success due to hitting the one Action(s) 'jackpot' enough to keep one shackled/trapped with a backlog of Next Actions?

Conclusion worthy of considering for crushing Next Action(s) backlog:
"What does 'doing' looks like" and "Project Outcome" thinking for Next Actions as well?

In Practice:
Emptying, Emptying, Emptying,. . . . > Emptied

Filling, Filling, Filling,. . . . > Filled

Other examples:
Arriving, Arriving, Arriving,. . . . > Arrived

Cleaning, Cleaning, Cleaning,. . . . > Cleaned

Coding, Coding, Coding,. . . . > Coded

Fixing, Fixing, Fixing,. . . . > Fixed

Editing, Editing, Editing,. . . . > Edited

Listening, Listening, Listening,. . . . > Listened

Scrubbing, Scrubbing, Scrubbing,. . . . > Scrubbed

Sorting, Sorting, Sorting,. . . . > Sorted

Washing, Washing, Washing,. . . . > Washed

Watching, Watching, Watching,. . . . > Watched

Writing, Writing, Writing,. . . . > Wrote
etc.

As David Allen has humorously expressed "You get the point"

Meanwhile, let's also remember to be easier on ourselves in remembering: most art is never actually completed . . . only abandoned

While the above is subject to further editing, meanwhile, 'Nothing' More . . . 'Nothing' Less

Thank you very much for you GTD post

As you see GTD fit

Last edited:
Mr. TimBourne,

Everything written is 99% from GTD and expressed into an: Empty . . . Fill . . . Empty . . . Fill . . . rhythmic pattern to slow down the mind, for more easily focusing* (2nd edition, pg. 69) at the Context(s) level, minimize 'think wandering', etc. and to just simply get prior commitments done as Emptied or Filled Outcomes

Especially helpful when in Filling Next Action(s) mode as in Doing Predefined Work (2nd edition, pgs. 53/54 and pgs. 210-to-215) for Emptying Context(s) List(s): Calendar List(s) and Next Action(s) List(s), aka: Commitments, Personal Inventory, On the Docket to Do, etc.

*Throughout GTD, "Focusing" seems to be mostly for Project Outcome thinking, which is very good for keeping one on track throughout the multiple Next Actions required for a desired Project Outcome since "you can't do a project" and only the Next Actions required to complete the Projects' desired Outcomes.

Meanwhile, with all due respect, even most Next Actions are unable to be literally being done in one Action
Rather, most Next Actions are done in consecutive micro-series of Next Actions, as GTD Next Actions expresses "What 'doing' looks like" (2nd edition, Appendix, pg. 306) and would humbly suggests that the subtle difference between Next Actions and one Action(s) might have sufficient imbedded friction for some to have Next Actions items List(s) on a the Next Action List(s) linger much longer than desired only to be further fooled in false success due to hitting the one Action(s) 'jackpot' enough to keep one shackled/trapped with a backlog of Next Actions?

"What does 'doing' looks like" and "Project Outcome" thinking for Next Actions as well?

In Practice:

Other examples:

etc.

Meanwhile, let's also remember to be easier on ourselves in remembering: most art is never actually completed . . . only abandoned

While the above is subject to further editing, meanwhile, 'Nothing' More . . . 'Nothing' Less

As you see GTD fit

ITM

I scanned over your writing here. Yes I have the 2015 second edition of the book, found it hard to read (when finished going through) 3 months ago because of my mental disorder.

Should I get/use the first edition of the book?

I sort of find your style of writing written above hard to follow? With bold higlhigy (highlight) and different characters (because I have Autism ASD, decreased IQ" said voice.

What is the name of the format font you are writing with? is it actually changing font style or just changing the bold or italics and size of font?" s

Mr. TimBourne,

In Practice:

Other examples:

etc.

As you see GTD fit
May be an image of clarinet, oboe, harp and text

ITM
see this image upload from FB
I completed the task wrote previous message
Used my fathers printer when he was away from house - to print off the type of super condensed summary wrote above ...

and this was Q to also look for initial user who gave me other summary (one the other side of A4 sheet shown this picture in wallet - don't have it in mind which thread it was?"

"STN