Photo of your GTD office?

ITManager

Registered
I am in an office environment and finally have my workspace like I want it...I think. I would be interested in seeing photos of other folk's "command centers" as well as comments on why you like your setup. Thanks!

clango

Registered
ITManager;68636 said:
I am in an office environment and finally have my workspace like I want it...I think. I would be interested in seeing photos of other folk's "command centers" as well as comments on why you like your setup. Thanks!

Let's start to show your. Other will follow!

mickmel

Registered
ITManager;68636 said:
A photo of my office wouldn't show much in terms of GTD, as most of my GTD stuff is virtual. I use Nozbe for all of my tasks, Evernote for notes, Gmail for e-mail, Google Calendar, etc. My key is to have my full GTD system with me as much as possible.

That being said, attached is a photo. I use the three primary monitors for "stuff". Nozbe on the right, Mail/Cal/Evernote in the middle, and other various tasks on the left. It works quite well. The old laptop on the far right simply runs Tweetdeck so I can keep up with Twitter without having to sacrifice screen real estate or CPU horsepower to do it. It's a very productive set-up for my style of GTD.

Attached files

Brent

Registered
A while ago, I created a short video that walks through my GTD process (capture, process, etc.), so you can see my inbox and such. My system has changed since then, but it's a record of one system, at least.

http://www.vimeo.com/1063956

mickmel

Registered
Brent;68673 said:
A while ago, I created a short video that walks through my GTD process (capture, process, etc.), so you can see my inbox and such. My system has changed since then, but it's a record of one system, at least.

http://www.vimeo.com/1063956
Brent -- Thanks for sharing. Great video! I've been thinking I need to do one like that for my system, and now maybe I'll step up and do it. :)

ITManager

Registered
My office

OK...pretty basic stuff

Credenza...4 baskets for pending & working files, laptop docking station, workspace, printer, & envelopes - reference books and manuals in overhead cabinets with disappearing doors, quick reference materials and printer paper in open slots - 2 lateral file drawers below: top holds A-Z files, bottom holds daily & montly tickler files, spare manilla and hanging folders

Bridge...Monitor, speakers, glasses, calculator, momentos, & battery-powered clock

Main Desk...Phone & hands-free headset, pens/pencils, tape, stapler, business cards & inbox, main workspace, drawers hold daily office and personal supplies.

Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, and Notes are all Outlook and synched to Blackberry daily, phone voicemails forwarded to e-mail, e-mail forwarded to Blackberry with option to disable during vacation.

Questions?

GTDWorks

Registered
My Office Workspace

Can someone help me upload a picture here? I went to the file icon, uploaded a picture, but it doesn't show up here.

Thanks!

TesTeq

Registered
Check the forum limits.

GTDWorks;68940 said:
Can someone help me upload a picture here? I went to the file icon, uploaded a picture, but it doesn't show up here.

Isn't your file too big? Check the forum limits. For example:

jpeg: max filesize = 256.0 KB, max width = 620, max height = 280

ellobogrande

Registered
Photos of my home office setup

I've attached a ZIP file that contains some photos of my home office. My Productivity Zone is situated in the corner of my office and consists of:

• a Balt printer stand with sliding drawer (it puts my multifunction printer/scanner/fax within easy reach when I'm using it)
  • an SIS Basix Xtreem Sit/Stand corner table with electric motor (great for when I need to get under the desk and work with cables)
  • a corner TV shelf with VCR holder (purchased from Stacks and Stacks)
  • an SIS Basic side table with manual crank for raising and lowering. The stacking trays hold my in-tray, read & review, and action support material. The standing files on top hold the current files I'm using that I want on-hand and file folders for new files.
  • HON steel file cabinets with metal sliders

The SIS furniture that I purchased is professional office-grade; you'd have to order from a company that supplies furniture for corporate offices. It also costs a lot more than the office furniture you get from Office Depot or IKEA. However, it will last a lifetime and it has ergonomic features that are unbeatable. I can adjust the height of my computer desk with a press of a switch and work sitting or standing. It's pure joy to use it.

My wife did all of the painting and decorating as a birthday present; she created a space theme complete with a star field. I absolutely love the room and get a warm fuzzy everytime I use it.

The more you love the space in which you do GTD, the more likely you are to stick with it.

Attached files image_373.zip (182.7 KB) 

Barb

Registered
One issue with my home office

OK, I have a great home office...everything I need. I'm comfy in here.

But tell me: How do you keep your CATS out of your inbox?

kewms

Registered
Barb;69029 said:
OK, I have a great home office...everything I need. I'm comfy in here.

But tell me: How do you keep your CATS out of your inbox?

Move it out of the sunbeam?

My cats love to keep me company while I work, but they stay out of the inbox because it sits on a shelf where they don't really fit. They like the warm sunny floor much better.

Katherine

Barb

Registered
no sunbeam

kewms;69031 said:
Move it out of the sunbeam?

My cats love to keep me company while I work, but they stay out of the inbox because it sits on a shelf where they don't really fit. They like the warm sunny floor much better.

Katherine

No sunbeam in the office anywhere. I tried to include a picture of BOTH cats (as kittens) in the inbox. It's so cute! Just wish I knew how in the heck to do that.

cashdollar

Registered
GTDWorks;69030 said:
Great office! Are you using PC or Mac?

Mac. We have an old Catholic school for our shelter. My office is one of the classrooms. I have a great chalk board, that I haven't figured out a good use for, but I know there's one out there.