Please submit your questions for the Aug 17th QA with the Coaches webinar

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Even if you can't make the live Webinar on Aug 17th, I'd like to incorporate your questions into the Webinar, if we can.

Please email them to me by August 16th to kelly@davidco.com or just post them as replies to this.

A few questions we have so far are:

- What are the common pitfalls when implementing GTD?

- How do you deal with tasks that have no set due date, but need to be done soon, and not lose them in the lists?

- Do you put every next action on your lists including things that you probably will not get to for months (but then have long next action lists)?

or/

Only put things on your next action lists that you want to or could reasonably do in the next... week? Two weeks? Month?

Paul@Pittsburgh

Registered
Kelly,

One question I have is related to tracking waiting fors. In my work I have to track a lot of quotes. I have been tracking these with the rest of my waiting fors in Outlook, but recently improved the tracking and traceability of our quotes using an Excel spreadsheet. This means that I actually have what quotes went out when by date and I can see which opportunities are open or closed. Is it best practice to duplicate this info in my outlook system and keep it in one place or is it better to use this as my checklist for a weekly review.

In some sense I already do this with invoices. I don't track those. I let Quickbooks notify me if an payment is late.

Are there other examples also the coaches have where lists outside of a general waiting for list can be used - either for tracking waiting fors or even actions.

One other hyptoethetical question - it seems we should only have one action list per context - if I am at a computer I should not have to search across two or three lists to find out what options I have for work. But are there exceptions to this?

ScottL

Registered
Kelly,

Please don't forget the second part of my question:

"how do you deal with tasks that have no set due date, but need to be done soon and not lose them in the lists?"

Thanks.

Suelin23

Registered
Agenda items

Where is the best place for agenda/discussion items that are related to projects?

I have been using Excel for project files and since starting GTD I have been using Pocket Informant (PI) on the iPhone for tasks. So if I'm working on a project I have an issues register as an Excel spreadsheet, so all questions I pose myself or am asked by others I record, and also record the responses once I've investigated and found the answers. So now I'm also collecting questions in PI in my agenda list, and now have two lists... Not sure I like that, double entering is time consuming. And when it comes to meetings I have more lists to look through. Any ideas?